SRC to dissolve ZC Board

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 6998
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: SRC to dissolve ZC Board

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:47 pm
I think as of now Zimbabwe are slowly beginning to get back on track, please don't do anything stupid to once and for all kill cricket in the country. Enough is enough. Just focus on your cricket and play well, as simple as that.
Every few years someone says ‘we are getting back in travk’ Then it unravels again, and every time faith and fans are lost that little much more.

We are already at the stage where when it hits the fan in Zimbabwe it doesn’t even make news in the cricketing world, let alone mainstream media.

It needs a dramatic intervention rather than a meek ‘things seem to be on the up’ because history tells us when we start to think that, someone will come in and fuck it up.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

User avatar
Black Mamba
Posts: 996
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:55 am
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: SRC to dissolve ZC Board

Post by Black Mamba »

Dissolving ZC and other revamp activities should be done now only, otherwise huge trouble waiting for Zimbabwe, specially in giving performances, associate cricket has now shown huge improvement with the emergence of Afghanistan & Ireland. Hong Kong & UAE with Netherlands have shown improvement and might target Zimbabwe like what Afghanistan did, to become full member nation.

Next global tournament is ICC T20 Qualifiers, which seems to be huge challenging tournament for Zimbabwe to qualify for the main event

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 10420
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: SRC to dissolve ZC Board

Post by jaybro »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:47 pm
I think as of now Zimbabwe are slowly beginning to get back on track, please don't do anything stupid to once and for all kill cricket in the country. Enough is enough. Just focus on your cricket and play well, as simple as that.
Tell me exactly what indicates ‘we’re back on track’ ??

As Dogg said we’ve been down this path before, last year I actually thought things were looking good and the board was doing a good job.

Zimbabwe had just beaten Sri Lanka

The academy side was doing well in England and helped produce/fast tracked some good young players like Burl, Tari, Blessing and Mumba to the national team.

BT, Jarvis & Vitori were back

Hosting home tests v windies the boys played well and could have won both tests.

Hosting the CWCQ as well

But as history shows it all fell to shit quickly, after the windies tests Hosnain said ZC couldn’t afford to host test matches.

The domestic season was again ruined by player strikes due to none payments which led to under strength sides being fielded.

We failed to qualify for the WC

ZC sacked everyone

Player strike and divid

Academy tour cancelled

Under strength side hammered at home against Aus & Pakistan.

Now the board making an example of Raza

The board has ‘apparently’ ‘secured the future of cricket in Zimbabwe’ but all they’ve really done is made a deal with the ICC to let then handle the cash.

There’s no plan or direction to where cricket is going in Zimbabwe, what is the board doing to lift the standard of the national team? Or domestic cricket? What are they doing to help produce good young cricketers ?

A very concerning fact is that Zimbabwe isn’t producing any quality young batsmen, since the two really good under 19 sides we had in 04 & 06 the national youth side has only produced ONE INTERNATIONAL CENTURY !!!!!

That’s a massive issue that for 12 years the national youth team has only produced one century, that shows the junior system ( or lack there of ) isn’t producing any quality batsman.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

NickG
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:41 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: SRC to dissolve ZC Board

Post by NickG »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:07 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:47 pm
I think as of now Zimbabwe are slowly beginning to get back on track, please don't do anything stupid to once and for all kill cricket in the country. Enough is enough. Just focus on your cricket and play well, as simple as that.
Tell me exactly what indicates ‘we’re back on track’ ??

As Dogg said we’ve been down this path before, last year I actually thought things were looking good and the board was doing a good job.

Zimbabwe had just beaten Sri Lanka

The academy side was doing well in England and helped produce/fast tracked some good young players like Burl, Tari, Blessing and Mumba to the national team.

BT, Jarvis & Vitori were back

Hosting home tests v windies the boys played well and could have won both tests.

Hosting the CWCQ as well

But as history shows it all fell to shit quickly, after the windies tests Hosnain said ZC couldn’t afford to host test matches.

The domestic season was again ruined by player strikes due to none payments which led to under strength sides being fielded.

We failed to qualify for the WC

ZC sacked everyone

Player strike and divid

Academy tour cancelled

Under strength side hammered at home against Aus & Pakistan.

Now the board making an example of Raza

The board has ‘apparently’ ‘secured the future of cricket in Zimbabwe’ but all they’ve really done is made a deal with the ICC to let then handle the cash.

There’s no plan or direction to where cricket is going in Zimbabwe, what is the board doing to lift the standard of the national team? Or domestic cricket? What are they doing to help produce good young cricketers ?

A very concerning fact is that Zimbabwe isn’t producing any quality young batsmen, since the two really good under 19 sides we had in 04 & 06 the national youth side has only produced ONE INTERNATIONAL CENTURY !!!!!

That’s a massive issue that for 12 years the national youth team has only produced one century, that shows the junior system ( or lack there of ) isn’t producing any quality batsman.
That's a pretty good summary of the past 12 months or so and I think what irks me more than anything else is that we all thought it WAS going in the right direction. Sadly though, up until the WCQ huge cracks were being papered over and what happened after that showed that, in effect, nothing has changed in the past 15 years. ZC was and still is run by people who have no knowledge and passion for the game, and certainly no desire to grow it beyond something that offers them a half decent pay cheque and expenses. Sad, very sad. Can only hope and pray that recent developments at the SRC will take effect.

sam_ahm
Posts: 4344
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Re: SRC to dissolve ZC Board

Post by sam_ahm »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:07 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:47 pm
I think as of now Zimbabwe are slowly beginning to get back on track, please don't do anything stupid to once and for all kill cricket in the country. Enough is enough. Just focus on your cricket and play well, as simple as that.
Tell me exactly what indicates ‘we’re back on track’ ??

As Dogg said we’ve been down this path before, last year I actually thought things were looking good and the board was doing a good job.

Zimbabwe had just beaten Sri Lanka

The academy side was doing well in England and helped produce/fast tracked some good young players like Burl, Tari, Blessing and Mumba to the national team.

BT, Jarvis & Vitori were back

Hosting home tests v windies the boys played well and could have won both tests.

Hosting the CWCQ as well

But as history shows it all fell to shit quickly, after the windies tests Hosnain said ZC couldn’t afford to host test matches.

The domestic season was again ruined by player strikes due to none payments which led to under strength sides being fielded.

We failed to qualify for the WC

ZC sacked everyone

Player strike and divid

Academy tour cancelled

Under strength side hammered at home against Aus & Pakistan.

Now the board making an example of Raza

The board has ‘apparently’ ‘secured the future of cricket in Zimbabwe’ but all they’ve really done is made a deal with the ICC to let then handle the cash.

There’s no plan or direction to where cricket is going in Zimbabwe, what is the board doing to lift the standard of the national team? Or domestic cricket? What are they doing to help produce good young cricketers ?

A very concerning fact is that Zimbabwe isn’t producing any quality young batsmen, since the two really good under 19 sides we had in 04 & 06 the national youth side has only produced ONE INTERNATIONAL CENTURY !!!!!

That’s a massive issue that for 12 years the national youth team has only produced one century, that shows the junior system ( or lack there of ) isn’t producing any quality batsman.
Mate I understand, and I sincerely hope things change for the better. My point was that atleast after the farce of home series against Pakistan and Australia, now the players have been paid. Taylor, Ervine, Williams are back, so should Cremer. Mire and Jarvis should be back from injuries too and at least ICC handling the funds will be some step, may be a baby step but still in the right direcrion. At least the players will be paid on time and you won't lose the Blessing Muzrabani's to England.

Dissolving the board or ZC, how will it help? The ICC may then suspend ZC altogether with no future to look forward to.

Googly
Posts: 17167
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: SRC to dissolve ZC Board

Post by Googly »

Suspend and investigate. It’s better for our cricket to implode than to continue under these lying cheating incompetent thieves. We’re dead anyway if we continue under this regime. This current mob are not saving our cricket, don’t matter what their spin doctors say, it would be good to silence that peanut gallery as well. Or better yet to watch them waxing lyrical about the new guys, they’ll swap allegiances for a coke and a bun.

TapsC
Posts: 2349
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:54 am

Re: SRC to dissolve ZC Board

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:32 pm
Suspend and investigate. It’s better for our cricket to implode than to continue under these lying cheating incompetent thieves. We’re dead anyway if we continue under this regime. This current mob are not saving our cricket, don’t matter what their spin doctors say, it would be good to silence that peanut gallery as well. Or better yet to watch them waxing lyrical about the new guys, they’ll swap allegiances for a coke and a bun.
Do you guys really think we will recover if we lose our funding? Honest question.

I personally dont think we will for all the reasons you guys just mentioned. We simply havent been producing quality young players. You lose funding and all the senior players quit. Our young players who are good enough also go somewhere else. The guys who are left wont be good enough. So how exactly will we get back on our feet?

Lets be very careful what we wish for guys. If the ICC doesnt support government intervention then this isnt an option for me.

I personally think the ICC just needs to control our money. Once the looting money dries up all the thieves will go somewhere else to steal. Simple hustlenomics

TapsC
Posts: 2349
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:54 am

Re: SRC to dissolve ZC Board

Post by TapsC »

Dont think it will happen anyway. Or maybe it wont be as easy as it is being made to sound. I think people underestimate Mkukuhlani and Bvute and co. They are not sitting ducks politically. That I can assure you.

Also will Kirsty be brave enough? She would have to suspend ZIFA too for the exact same reasons. These guys are all ZANU-PF MPs. They know how to play this game. If you think they will just roll over and die you will be very surprised. They will die and take everything we love with them.

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 10420
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: SRC to dissolve ZC Board

Post by jaybro »

What future does cricket have with the current administration???

As I’ve pointed out numerous time before

National team continues to decline

Club cricket dead

School system almost no-existent

Domestic competition continues to decline

No academy

No clear pathways for young players

Not producing enough good young players

Any good young player leaves

No A tours

Not going to the World Cup

Never qualified for the t20 World Cup ( when we’ve had to )

Not producing any coaches

Can’t afford to host tests

At this point all we have is our rest status which gives us plenty of cash which the ICC will now drip feed the board. The looting will continue mark my words.

It may sound selfish but I’d be happy to role the dice and have ZC dissolved and see what comes of it, it may mean the end but the end is coming sooner or later unless something big changes.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 3162
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: SRC to dissolve ZC Board

Post by zimbos_05 »

Taps, I need to applaud you. You have a wonderful way of somehow being able to refute your own statements.

You say that once the money has dried up, the thieves will go. Then go on to say that they know how to play the game and will die and take everything with them. Which is it? Leave after it's all gone, or die taking it all with them.

If the debt we have and the troubles we've been through is not a sign of things dried up, then I don't see them going anywhere. ZC is a fund for them. Even with the debt, they will take whatever money comes from ICC, sponsorships etc and take it all for themselves. Zim is still a full member and therefore will not be without money. It is merely how that money gets used.

Melhuli Sibanda is not a true journalist. He will be willing to lick anybody if it gets him on the back page. He does not call out the problems and the issues, and instead just panders to the highest bidder. If we want change to happen, we need to make it happen. Dissolving of the board and ZC will be hard to watch particularly if ICC do not accept it, but it is the best hope we have. The main thing with doing this though is that all the players will need to be on board. Every single one, and I don't see certain parasites doing so.

Coventry needs to be assertive and hold these guys to task, and then she needs to unify the players and provide for them a clear future and better support under a new ZC branding.

Post Reply