Zimbabwe vs Seychelles 19th October

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Zimbabwe vs Seychelles 19th October

Post by Pat_Bee »

Andy31 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2024 10:50 pm
Mr Twig wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2024 2:14 pm
All over. Somehow we only won by 76 runs (DL)

Seychelles would've been better off playing shots and being 30/8. Probably would have been enough time wasted to not make the 5 over cut-off.
I find with duck worth you can get some real head scratchers.

I will never forget the UAE match.
Rocket science is easier. Lift greater than mass, thrust greater than air resistance :lol:

How they needed to be at 95 with two wickets down is anybody’s guess.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2024 9:51 pm
A result that we should be consistently getting against our African compatriots, even Uganda. One thing I would say is that some of our wickets were still due to basic errors, mostly the lack of foot movement, which we need to fix.

As for the Seychelles captain, not sure where everyone is getting 51 years old from. Cricinfo has him listed as 32
Interesting because I looked up his profile a few days ago and his age wasn't there, but he's clearly older than 32. Gave a pretty good interview at the toss and seemed down to earth.

Credit to Raza for bowling spinners although any half decent captain would've done the same in that situation (they did the same in the Kenya v Mozambique although they came back after the rain delay). I bet Ervine wouldn't have done that

Googly

Post by Googly »

Had Faraz been in the side Raza would have opened with him, probably the batting as well.

Pat_Bee
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Pat_Bee »

Faraz would have picked up a ton and five wickets off his 3 overs. :lol: Better than Raza’s other mate Knackers by all accounts.