Zimbabwe vs gambia October 23rd 2024

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo

Re: Zimbabwe vs gambia October 23rd 2024

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 1:19 pm
Something seems a bit off with Blessing lately. Can't put my finger on it. Ngarava has come on leaps and bounds
Disagree, Ngarava has bowled poorly too in this tournament, despite the wickets today. All our seamers have been terrible.

I don't even remember who our bowling coach is now but we miss Kirby. Ngarava improved hugely under him.

Pat_Bee
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Pat_Bee »

Donald wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 1:19 pm
Something seems a bit off with Blessing lately. Can't put my finger on it. Ngarava has come on leaps and bounds
He was spot fixing at the Zim Afro t10 and panicking now :lol:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Congratulations to Zimbabwe on breaking the world record for highest ever T20I score!! For once Zimbabwe are on the right side of a world record.

Congratulations to Sikki on becoming the first ever T20I centurion from Zimbabwe and on scoring the second fastest T20 Hundred of all time.

I was not kidding when I said Zimbabwe can break some world records at the start of this tourney!

It's all against a minnow but records are records.

Pat_Bee
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Pat_Bee »

Loser records for loser associate bashers. It’s just completely embarrassing. Where’s the feel good factor in walloping the 93rd ranked associate when we can’t beat better associates like Scotland and Uganda when it matters. :lol:
The bowling today was absolute dross; blessing giving away more extras in his four over spell than Gambia did in 20 overs when they were being whacked to all parts. Commentator even said we’d took the foot off the gas at some point when raza was letting them tick along bowling spin. I ain’t dazzled by some shit records. :lol:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 2:01 pm
Congratulations to Zimbabwe on breaking the world record for highest ever T20I score!! For once Zimbabwe are on the right side of a world record.

Congratulations to Sikki on becoming the first ever T20I centurion from Zimbabwe and on scoring the second fastest T20 Hundred of all time.

I was not kidding when I said Zimbabwe can break some world records at the start of this tourney!

It's all against a minnow but records are records.
This is a plausible argument as to why not every team should get official T20I status. It renders T20I stats meaningless. But then again, I've never been a fan of the format, so why should I care? At least its not Tests and ODIs.

Although its a stretch to have 20 ODI teams...I actually like that even number for ODIs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYq6auq5cyQ (Jaylen Brown, 2024 NBA Finals MVP)

Googly

Post by Googly »

Blessing and Richie are a handful when they bowl a good delivery, or God forbid a few in a row, but they are woefully inaccurate for modern day quicks.
Actually they're not that quick either. An Evans type bowler who bowls accurately and has a good slower ball is much more of an asset in T20 in particular.
It's tempting to try too hard against these batters.
Gwandu has also squandered a golden opportunity to make a mark.

The fact is that good performances against this calibre of opposition shouldn't count for too much, but in our case they will.
By the same token mediocre performances should be a black mark, but in light of the overall results they'll be overlooked.

The world record unfortunately will highlight to the cricketing world the fact that we're playing in the Z pool, but it was good to watch nonetheless.
The only possible upside may be that some of the batters would have gained some confidence and be more likely to pounce on a hittable delivery.
If the gold medal at the Africa Games was like winning the World Cup then after the world record the bosses will be 5 bottles of Green Label in by now.