[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Pakistan (Only Test)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Pakistan (Only Test)

Post by Flower power »

Seems the trust that Mawoyo has put in the tail is paying dividends.Lets get the most as this tail continues wagging .

FlowerPower
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by FlowerPower »

Ajmal approaching his 150! Interestingly he's bowled 30% of the innings overs, so I'd say we have survived (not mastered) the doosra well!
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

What an innings from Tino Mawoyo. I think a lot of us had question marks over his position in the side before the Bangladesh Test, whether he had the ability to build a big innings instead of just 30's and 40's to see off the new ball; 2 centuries in about ten years was my concern. But he has certainly answered that question today, if he can keep batting like this on the international stage he will do just fine. 163 not out, incredible performance and mammoth innings in balls faced and time spent. He has shown he has the temperament for Test cricket.

120.50 is a pretty good average it has to be said ;)
He looked particularly good today. Yesterday he was looking a bit out of sorts against Ajmal (like most batsmen were to be fair), but through sheer determination managed to not get out to him. But today he looked very fluent, some very superb strokes at times. He's now holder of the 9th highest Test score by a Zimbabwean, it's also the highest Test score by a black Zimbabwean.

As for the team performance, 412 all out is a good total. I was saying 350 would be pretty good yesterday, so to have well and truly surpassed that is a good effort. Who knows which Pakistan batting unit will turn up in this match; I am hoping the poor one. I would like to see Vitori and Jarvis make early inroads, a good bowling performance would ensure that this match is only going to be a win or a draw.

Flower power

Post by Flower power »

I would love the Zim bowlers to get 2 or three wickets in the coming session. It would really unsettle the Pakistani's .And then another fresh onslaught on guys who have been out in the sun for the past 1 3/4 days .

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

Been away for a week and just catching up with what's happened. Mighty impressive effort by Tino, battling through while not picking Ajmal at all (so I gather).

Now, let's knock a few over before the close!

Flower power

Post by Flower power »

:W: Jarvis strikes

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Gone :W:
Was plumb, leg stump would have gone crashing.

Good start by Zimbabwe! Good start by Jarvis!

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

yes gone Jarvis gets the first one, big chance here in this session to get into pakistan must go really hard at them.

What an effort by tino one of the best ever innings for Zimbabwe, showed the determination which is flowing through this Zim team. have to say that Lamb looks a much better bet than Chigumbura at number 7