[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Pakistan (Only Test)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Pakistan (Only Test)

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Well, a pretty even day. Maybe Pakistan have a bit more momentum due to their quick start, but like last night I reckon it's about evenly placed.

Price has looked pretty good, I think Jarvis has been by far the most threatening of the bowlers. Vitori needs a couple of maidens under his belt to lower that economy and get into some rhythm... there were far too many balls pitched straight, the seamers looked at their best bowling just outside off stump.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Jarvis looked good, maybe not bowling as quick as Vitori but he was deadly accurate and was getting some lovely shape away from both the right handers.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

sloandog wrote:Jarvis looked good, maybe not bowling as quick as Vitori but he was deadly accurate and was getting some lovely shape away from both the right handers.
I thought Jarvis was running in pretty slowly.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
sloandog wrote:Jarvis looked good, maybe not bowling as quick as Vitori but he was deadly accurate and was getting some lovely shape away from both the right handers.
I thought Jarvis was running in pretty slowly.
I agree mate, but he was far more effective in doing so :D

Maweni

Post by Maweni »

Anyone else think Vitori should try bowling round the wicket (over for the RH)? The angle would bring the ball back into the stumps and his natural action would do so too. What he's been doing is just putting the ball in the slot to be driven and when he bowls it shorter it gets pulled. He wasn't hitting the right line or length for what (I think) he was trying to do and the pitch isn't good enough to compensate.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Mawayo showed tremendous temproment carrying the bat. Zimbabwe has picked the accurate XI. In the coming tests, I would also like to see players like Gavin Ewing, Graeme Cremer, Sean Williams, Terrence Duffin in the mix...

FlowerPower
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by FlowerPower »

Detective RDS wrote:Mawayo showed tremendous temproment carrying the bat. Zimbabwe has picked the accurate XI. In the coming tests, I would also like to see players like Gavin Ewing, Graeme Cremer, Sean Williams, Terrence Duffin in the mix...
You do know that you can only play 11? So who gives way for these 4?
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

TheBradDevil

Post by TheBradDevil »

Pak will need to bat the whole day I think if they have a chance. We need to bowl them out today. I nw see the value of Tinoz inns. If we had made 412 all out in a day I think wed be in a spot of bother due to time left in the test. That time consuming inning might save us. If bowlers don't bowl tight lines we will bat to save the test, which I back us to do. For the record methinks if Pak go to stumps with a deficit for whatever wickets the day will be ours. If wickets dot come restrict the rate. The will need to bat till before tea tomorrow, and I back us to bat three sessions at least

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Pakistan had a good session last night, but things can change quickly. 2 or 3 wickets before lunch and they will be in a tough position. The first session will be really interesting, it would be great to see Vitori get off to a good start. If we can have pressure from both him and Jarvis the Pakistani's will be under a bit of pressure.

Price will do quite a bit of bowling today I'd imagine. Unlike Ajmal's long spells at least he can get a bit of respite with Lamb taking over for a while though, so that should hold us in good stead.

takleg
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by takleg »

Vitori was a disappointment last night and I hope he gets good rhythm earlier on today. The wicket is still really flat and we're going to have to bowl tight lines. Few chances are going to be created and the fielding is going to have to be sharp and take them even the half chances. We have to apply Graeme Smith's 'three P's' ie Pressure, Patience and Partnerships well. Good luck to the guys, they're gonna need it.
Vusi, Mawoyo, H.Masakadza, Taylor, Ervine, Williams, Mutumbami, S.Masakadza, Meth, Price, Jarvis