Zimbabwe vs Ireland First T2O

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland First T2O

Post by Xlife »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:42 pm
Xlife wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:44 pm

It's always quite easy to tell the IQ of a person by how quickly they resort to name calling rather putting forward an intelligent argument
You can tell a lot about a person when they completely misread a post, create an issue from that misread, and then don't up own to their error. You can tell a lot about a person who makes sweeping assumptions without any basis or fact.

You claim Rajput has done better than previous coaches, when in reality he has only hit new lows. Not a single ODI win against a full member. Series losses to Ireland and Netherlands. A loss against Singapore. Massive defeat against Afghanistan, now he is overseeing the complete disrespect of his national captain.

I get that older players need to move on at times, but there is a decorum in how one does so, Rajput hasn't done that. It is also well known that he has fished for other jobs whilst at ZC, not giving his all, and spent lots of time in India not even watching our cricket.

Rajput is not responsible for these young players coming through. They were always in the system and going to come through. What he is responsible for his their development, and so far, until now, only Wes has shown some development, the rest has been below par and going nowhere quickly.

So next time you want to call out someone for not putting forward an intelligent argument, perhaps you would like to put forward one of your own first.

I admit I misread that small portion of the quote, however the jist of the message was still the same, certain members of this forum heavily favour white players, coaches and captains. There is no denying that fact as the evidence is there for all to see in the forum history. What makes GB a better coach, what credentials does he have that other black coaches don't have? Why are you always in favour of Taylor, Erbine, Williams etc to captain the side but I almost never see posts from supporting black players as captain? e.g Chakabva

At no point did I say that Rajput was great or the best coach we've had... I'm talking about Zims T20 performances that have improved since he arrived. It clearly used to be our weakest format yet with a bit of luck, we could have easily won our last 3 T20 series. Today we won a game we traditionally would have lost by 8 or 9 wickets with 5 overs to spare.

Some people only choose to see what they want to see based on their narrative

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Brent has strong domestic credentials, a commitment to the country and could be hired for a decent price. He's got plenty of international playing experience on both sides of the test suspension.

The big four happen to not be black.

I think your point about white preference among posters is most valid when discussing random silver bullet youngsters.

For my part, in addition to my statistical views, I enjoy the fact that Zim has Asian, Black and White players in the team. Only England ever has that diversity and not consistently like we do. Whilst I believe merit should drive selection, emotionally I hope that players from all sections of the cricket culture continue to merit selection.

Anyways, that said, I appreciate your contributions.

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Xlife wrote:

It's always quite easy to tell the IQ of a person by how quickly they resort to name calling rather putting forward an intelligent argument
You can tell a lot about a person when they completely misread a post, create an issue from that misread, and then don't up own to their error. You can tell a lot about a person who makes sweeping assumptions without any basis or fact.

You claim Rajput has done better than previous coaches, when in reality he has only hit new lows. Not a single ODI win against a full member. Series losses to Ireland and Netherlands. A loss against Singapore. Massive defeat against Afghanistan, now he is overseeing the complete disrespect of his national captain.

I get that older players need to move on at times, but there is a decorum in how one does so, Rajput hasn't done that. It is also well known that he has fished for other jobs whilst at ZC, not giving his all, and spent lots of time in India not even watching our cricket.

Rajput is not responsible for these young players coming through. They were always in the system and going to come through. What he is responsible for his their development, and so far, until now, only Wes has shown some development, the rest has been below par and going nowhere quickly.

So next time you want to call out someone for not putting forward an intelligent argument, perhaps you would like to put forward one of your own first.
Spot on Brandes!!! What biscuit are you eating mate?
with love
Houghton
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Jemisi wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:04 am
Brent has strong domestic credentials, a commitment to the country and could be hired for a decent price. He's got plenty of international playing experience on both sides of the test suspension.

The big four happen to not be black.

I think your point about white preference among posters is most valid when discussing random silver bullet youngsters.

For my part, in addition to my statistical views, I enjoy the fact that Zim has Asian, Black and White players in the team. Only England ever has that diversity and not consistently like we do. Whilst I believe merit should drive selection, emotionally I hope that players from all sections of the cricket culture continue to merit selection.

Anyways, that said, I appreciate your contributions.
One of the most reassuring posts on ZCF in a while. _/\_

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I know ZC has a habit of not changing a winning team but let's say they do change but don't play BT, who can they replace Shumba with? A K-Long and Marumani opening pair has potential to either be really explosive or we are 2 wickets down after 6 deliveries.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Xlife wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:05 am

I admit I misread that small portion of the quote, however the jist of the message was still the same, certain members of this forum heavily favour white players, coaches and captains. There is no denying that fact as the evidence is there for all to see in the forum history. What makes GB a better coach, what credentials does he have that other black coaches don't have? Why are you always in favour of Taylor, Erbine, Williams etc to captain the side but I almost never see posts from supporting black players as captain? e.g Chakabva

At no point did I say that Rajput was great or the best coach we've had... I'm talking about Zims T20 performances that have improved since he arrived. It clearly used to be our weakest format yet with a bit of luck, we could have easily won our last 3 T20 series. Today we won a game we traditionally would have lost by 8 or 9 wickets with 5 overs to spare.

You can't offer a half hearted acknowledgement of error and have a "but" or "however" in the same sentence. It loses emphasises.

We can't help it if the best and most consistent players of the last decade have been our white players. In saying that, the same people fawning over these white players also fawn over black players. We have all been frothing over Wesley, Shumba, Myers, Marumani, Bawa.

BT, Williams and Ervine are favoured to captain as they are experienced and consistent players who are mainstays in our team, who also have leadership qualities and experience. Which other player would you suggest for captain? Chakabva has had opportunity to captain the side, but has never truly been a regular and his form has never justified his selection, at least up until now.

Our performances have not improved in T20. We still crawl to the 140-150 mark when batting, which is just about par in T20 nowadays. We have lost to Singapore, Netherlands, Afghanistan, and Ireland in T20s under Rajput. What actual improvements are we taking from that? It is still arguably our weakest format as evidenced by our batting and our lack of control when we are bowling. We don't have a strong bowling attack and are often reliant or one or two to make the inroads. We technically fielded only 2 out and out bowlers yesterday

As for GB as a coach. Jemisi has mentioned all his credentials, and above all that, he is homegrown, so he has a bigger investment in Zim Cricket than a guy who has spent half his time in charge of Zim in a different country, and has fished for other jobs the whole time.

No one has once suggested any other coach than GB and that is because he has been around for some time and has earned his stripes. if there is a Black coach with his coaching credentials and has a proven track record of development and success, then by all means, put him forward.
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:30 am

Spot on Brandes!!! What biscuit are you eating mate?
with love
Houghton
Always Lobels

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Chatara should be relegated to 6th in the pecking order t
Why only comes in dis to chronic injuries to provide some experience.
Then discarded after WC campaign.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Xlife wrote:
sloandog wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:02 pm
Xlife wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:38 pm

That's the problem with some posters on here that foolishly believe that "white" equals better. Always recommending white captains, white coaches, white players and think that will solve the team's problems.

Results wise, this coach is not far off others before him and in fact, the team has improved in the T20 format. Setting aside whatever personal issues he has at the moment with a few players (who are old and retiring soon anyway), his criticism has been a bit harsh and shows the lack of basic cricketing knowledge from a lot of guys on here
Talk about mis reading a post. I said greatest white ball players, not white players. Like many of the black population in Zimbabwe (not all), there's this bullshit about white and black which acts as a trigger to discuss race. Your tunnel vision and misreading of what I said essentially showed off the wonderful chip on your shoulder. Idiot
Coming from the bloke who clearly can't read. Have a good evening

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Xlife wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:05 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Xlife wrote:

To whoever it may voncern
U prefer D Hondo or Mutendera to coach Zim
Or someone line Grant Flower or G Brent
If u give PJ Moor the SAME games chibhabha played .. who would have had a better career :W:

Xlife

Post by Xlife »

sloandog wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:27 pm
Xlife wrote:
sloandog wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:02 pm

Talk about mis reading a post. I said greatest white ball players, not white players. Like many of the black population in Zimbabwe (not all), there's this bullshit about white and black which acts as a trigger to discuss race. Your tunnel vision and misreading of what I said essentially showed off the wonderful chip on your shoulder. Idiot
Coming from the bloke who clearly can't read. Have a good evening

I admitted a minor mistake (nobody's perfect) that did not affect the context of my point. Clearly something a person with a low IQ wouldn't understand. Have a nice day 🙂