[Match Thread] Bangladesh v Zimbabwe: 1st ODI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] Bangladesh v Zimbabwe: 1st ODI

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

zimwon-olready wrote:What i liked about this game is that almost everyone contributed to the win, this gets everyone fired up for the next game. We have the momentum we want to win a couple more but its not going to be easy.

The strategy came down well with Taylor and Chamu setting the platform with a quick 50 run partnership off the quicks before the spinners were introduced. The spinners came in and slowed down things with some quick wickets but this brought forth the nudge-rs (Taibu, Chakabva and Lamb) who did quite well.
Lamb????
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

zimwon-olready
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by zimwon-olready »

Ervine i meant lol
King Julien Fountain(the friendly ghost), " Zimbabwe should be scared BOOOOO!!!!!!!!????????"

eugene

Post by eugene »

Great win for Zimbabwe -a pleasant surprise when I woke up this morning. I only saw the Zimbabwe innings but I must say I was impressed with how Chakabva and Ervine batted us out of trouble. It was a bit disappointing that we could have scored more runs in the last 5 - 10 overs however.

Bangladesh really need to work on their fielding - they blew about 3 run outs in the Zim innings.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

haru-party

Post by haru-party »

congrats guys......its nice to see old zimbabwe coming back....best of luck for the rest of the series....u need that bcz u r gonna face the wounded tiger now ;)

Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Flower power »

Boys keep the momentum going . :D its going to be 2-0 soon if we play a mind game against the Bangladeshis who are already panicking

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Flower power wrote:Boys keep the momentum going . :D its going to be 2-0 soon if we play a mind game against the Bangladeshis who are already panicking
They are already panicking ;) Their forum presents a dejected look as they cant make it 5-0 :D The perils of arrogance. Mr Fountain, where the hell are you?
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

syedmahm

Post by syedmahm »

Congratulations friends. For some reason BD batsmen were looking rusty except Shakib. But, Zimbabwean bowlers bowled really well. All credit to them. I wish a better show from BD batsmen next match.

Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Flower power »

By the way is Mr Fountain not their fielding coach , and it is his department that let the Tigers down , gulp......a bitter pill to swallow Mr Fountain . Go Zim show Banga that we can come from the dead and rise up heads and shoulders with the best .

zimwon-olready
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by zimwon-olready »

Next ODI Bangladesh are likely to open the bowling with spin or introduce Razzak inside the first six overs. We might have to plan with that in mind maybe change the batting order a bit.
King Julien Fountain(the friendly ghost), " Zimbabwe should be scared BOOOOO!!!!!!!!????????"

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I've just logged on.......Ooooooo Mr Fountain prepare to eat your words :lol:
At the end of the day, a wins a win, but i'm really pissed with the team selection.
Why this retard Dabengwa is still in the side is beyond my comprehension. He can't f*** bowl, he can't f*** bat and he's now 30 years old ! I'm beginning to side with what ZIMDOGGY said a couple of months ago, has he got influential relatives..?

But it has to be said that Mpofu was the hero of the day. 3 wickets with an excellent economy rate. Well bowled sir. Giving Meth the responsibility of bowling at the death was brave move by the captain, but good on him for showing some faith in.
Ray Price and Prosper Utsea has shown us that they are both very important to our side. Price takes the wickets, Utsea restricts and chips in every now and then.
Well played by Chagabva and Ervine too.
Why was Cremer and Mazakadza not in the side ?? There's a few question marks over the side today, but hey......a wins a win ;)
Looks like this series will be a good one.