FAST BOLWERS IN THE ZIM CRICKET CIRCUIT

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: FAST BOLWERS IN THE ZIM CRICKET CIRCUIT

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimlover wrote:I think the Aliseni is a genuine Fast bowler and has only played 4 matches in Zim and this is his second coming so it will be interesting to see how he develops.

This is what he said about himself in 2012
1st day in the office after 8months and still hit 90mph consistently. I'm back!

In 2013 he stated
Imma be the quickest, meanest and baddest bowler to come outta this place. I did 87 and people started to talk, 90+ and people started to appreciate my talent.. 100 here I come!! Let's see whose still laughin!#2013ismyyear!

Brandon Diplock - bowls between 130 and 135 (80-83mph) at just 20 years old. Fuck ton of potential - get him in

I dont know for a fact whether he is actual talented and committed, some of these Kids just dont cut when they go overseas because when they leave zim they have a inflated ego about making it overseas especially in the UK, they end up getting lost .Look what happened to Glen Querl if he had stuck to Zim he would have been called up by now but he thought he was top class, went to England county cricket and now he is disappeared from the scene altogether.

Has any one seen first hand the new hopefulls bowl mainly Kundai Matigimu (rf), Richard Ngarava left arm fast

I reckon he's riding his own myth a bit here.

Who's measuring his pace for a start

He probably is quick, he may even be up to 140.

But he would be a coaches dream and a sacred jewel right now if he was beyond that.

I'm calling 130.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

aydee

Post by aydee »

jaybro wrote:Having pace is like having a big dick, unless you know how to use its just a novelty with little effect ......
This is good. I'm going to steal it, and pretend I thought of it myself.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

aydee wrote:
jaybro wrote:Having pace is like having a big dick, unless you know how to use its just a novelty with little effect ......
This is good. I'm going to steal it, and pretend I thought of it myself.

Haha go for it :lol:
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

Matigimu is fast, for a couple of overs. It remains to be seen but I suspect he hasn't got the stamina and bad attitude required for a guy that is going to be a real long term asset. He really hasn't delivered of late with ball or bat and I have to say that I am surprised as I rated him. Maybe I was wrong? His action should have been corrected a long time ago as he will also be injury prone.
I haven't seen Aliseni for a couple of months, he had a huge weight issue, not sure what he's looking like now. Again he was really quick for a couple of overs. I've also heard the rumors that he used to bowl 150, from quite a few people.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Yeah but no one wants to watch dibbly dobblers no matter how they skilled they are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYq6auq5cyQ (Jaylen Brown, 2024 NBA Finals MVP)

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Aliseni is a good bowler but must weigh around 115 + kgs...But I don't see it as a major problem as he still gets through overs well. As for his speed he bowls around 125-130 at this moment in time.
There is a guy called Bidi who comes to Eagles training sessions. The guy is gas. He is nowhere near making a first class side though as he has absolutely no control. But he can get it upto 140+.

I don't know where Zhawi has gone too.

Diplock is out the country for Christmas apparently. But he remains a fine bowler in my opinion.

Muzarawetu remains injured but is a decent 4 day bowler.

Munyaradzi is solid. Won't set the world alight but he is a consistent bowler suited to 4 dayers. Lovely bloke as well.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

What's with all these fat Zimbabwean cricketers?

So much for food shortages in Zimbabwe, or is this where the food shortages are from.

115 if that is true is horrendous for a bowler. I'm struggling at 104 conspired to my usual 95 so times that by a lot.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

Are they any formidable pace man in the local club scene that have not managed to break through , because of different factors

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

There are a few guys that are considered decent prospoects but need serious guidance. One guy who has genuine pace and one of the smoothest actions in called i think Tawanda Bidi he is known to strike fear in most national team batsman during net bowling sessions however the boy lacks consistency and accuracy and compousure on the club scene he has flopped to make any serious impression of any note to be considered by any club seriously or any franchise due to his accuracy and screwed up head.

Another prospect is young Nyasha Nyasha who is under 19 and was in the early under 19 squads during the year but unfortunately was deemed not good enough. The problem with the boy is that he is known to be a chucker and has now been given the nick name "side arm" . Its something that bothered him a lot last season but he has embrassed it this year after being told my steve mangongo that he is not wanted near any national team setup until he stops chucking . I think he needs a good coach to correct his action before he considers opting for life in university in 2017
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Tawanda Bidi he is known to strike fear in most national team batsman during net bowling sessions however the boy lacks consistency and accuracy and compousure on the club scene he has flopped to make any serious impression of any note to be considered by any club seriously or any franchise due to his accuracy and screwed up head.
That's a bit harsh. Never heard of his screwed up head??? NIce guy very humble. He has never been given a chance. Spent most of his time in Tuskers i believe where he never made the cut for reasons unknown apart from the coach not knowing how to bowl.
He tried Eagles this year and was always in the nets- a good find and with some "proper" coaching a diamond!