FAST BOLWERS IN THE ZIM CRICKET CIRCUIT

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

FAST BOLWERS IN THE ZIM CRICKET CIRCUIT

Post by zimlover »

I has just appeared to me that there are 3 Fast bolwers in our current players, some even playing in the Under 19 games vs AFG

The names are Kundai Matigimu (rf), Richard Ngarava left arm fast

Under 13 Tadiwanashe Maravanyika

Currently Just resurfaced Gerald Aliseni
Gerald Aliseni is a former student of Falcon College in Esigodini, whose alumni include impressive names such as Heath Streak and Henry Olonga. At the age of 14, he was considered the fastest bowler of his age-group in South Africa and Zimbabwe but questions have since been raised over his commitment to professional cricket. Nevertheless, he made his domestic debut in a Twenty20 game in March 2008, and played for the Matabeleland Tuskers in the 2009-10 Logan Cup. Though rumoured to possess genuine pace, he is yet to make an impact.

Can we please monitor their progress and update this thread, because we rarely get real Fast bowlers.

It will be intresting to see what happens when Hondo gets his hands on them, hopefully he does not turn them into medium pacers.

Lets monitor their progress and developement, it will be good if we can get a pace attack of genuine fast non fat like panyangara bowler
s

aydee

Re: FAST BOLWERS IN THE ZIM CRICKET CIRCUIT

Post by aydee »

To be honest, the youngsters will just have been listed as that randomly, because that is what they are at school cricket. I highly, highly doubt it is because cricinfo has studied their bowling, and feel that they consistently hit 87+mph...

With regards to Aliseni, the match report suggests that he is indeed bowling quite swiftly, but is carrying a bit of weight at present.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Brandon Diplock - bowls between 130 and 135 (80-83mph) at just 20 years old. Fuck ton of potential - get him in

aydee

Post by aydee »

sloandog wrote:Brandon Diplock - bowls between 130 and 135 (80-83mph) at just 20 years old. Fuck ton of potential - get him in
Haha.

A little surprised he isn't playing the current round of the Logan Cup. Having been involved with the Eagles earlier in the season when the national players were away, it seems that Aliseni and Mupurura have since jumped ahead of him in the queue... Either that or unavailable for any one of a million different reasons. Not like it would ever be possible to find out...

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

An Eagles player has said Diplock is not available at the moment.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

And how come Kyle Bowie hasn't been playing

aydee

Post by aydee »

sloandog wrote:And how come Kyle Bowie hasn't been playing
Probably just not selected. Tuskers have Mupariwa, Jongwe, Chimhamhiwa, Mpofu and Vitori. Not easy to get in ahead of these guys.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Am I the only one getting tired of the Aliseni myth?

A one off second/third hand account of Mark Vermuelen (of all people) saying he bowls 150 an hr as a kid does not neccessarily make it so.

If he was bowling at 150,which would put him in the fastest 15 in the world, trust me, we would have heard it alot more than once.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

I think the Aliseni is a genuine Fast bowler and has only played 4 matches in Zim and this is his second coming so it will be interesting to see how he develops.

This is what he said about himself in 2012
1st day in the office after 8months and still hit 90mph consistently. I'm back!

In 2013 he stated
Imma be the quickest, meanest and baddest bowler to come outta this place. I did 87 and people started to talk, 90+ and people started to appreciate my talent.. 100 here I come!! Let's see whose still laughin!#2013ismyyear!

Brandon Diplock - bowls between 130 and 135 (80-83mph) at just 20 years old. Fuck ton of potential - get him in

I dont know for a fact whether he is actual talented and committed, some of these Kids just dont cut when they go overseas because when they leave zim they have a inflated ego about making it overseas especially in the UK, they end up getting lost .Look what happened to Glen Querl if he had stuck to Zim he would have been called up by now but he thought he was top class, went to England county cricket and now he is disappeared from the scene altogether.

Has any one seen first hand the new hopefulls bowl mainly Kundai Matigimu (rf), Richard Ngarava left arm fast

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Having pace is like having a big dick, unless you know how to use its just a novelty with little effect ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement