[U19 World Cup] Zimbabwe vs Windies

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
aydee

Re: [U19 World Cup] Zimbabwe vs Windies

Post by aydee »

Did you see Mashinge's reaction afterwards? Feel so sorry for the team.

Terrified what the consequences would be should a club game end in such a way. An almighty punch-up.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

One more problem I have with this mode of dismissal is this: why is the bowling side allowed an extra delivery in their attempts to take a wicket? Try to mankad someone and it doesn't come off: no-ball and a free hit to the opposition! The Windies captain would have thought twice about it, surely.

What I'd like to see at the World T20, preferably against England or the Windies, is one of our medium pacers run in and break the wicket every single time ... and when the umpire tells the bowler to stop this crap after two futile attempts, I want Hamilton to walk up to him with the Laws of the Game in a leather-bound volume, toss it at his feet, tell him that his bowlers are acting within the laws, and that he will lead his players off if the umpire starts lecturing him on the "spirit of the game".

#paybacktime
Last edited by foreignfield on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aydee

Post by aydee »

foreignfield wrote:
What I'd like to see at the World T20, preferably against England or the Windies, is one of our medium pacers run in and break the wicket every single time ... and when the umpire tells the bowler to stop this crap after two futile attempts, I want Hamilton to walk up to him with the Laws of the Game in a leather-bound volume, toss it at his feet, tell him that his bowlers are acting within the laws, and that he will lead his players off if the umpire starts lecturing him on the "spirit of the game".

#paybacktime
Exactly.

It does seem that as the laws stand, it would be "sensible" to attempt this at least a couple of times an over.

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

Keef and madhevere have solid batting techniques I was impressed by how they batted under pressure . We have a good bunch of cricketers this could be the start of a golden era for Zimbabwe .

SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by SpitfiresKent »

So pissed off with how the game ended, really feel for the boys and how they have been completely robbed of a quarter final place. Ngarava was literally millimetres out of his crease when the bails were removed, what an absolute dick move by the West Indian bowler.

At least Keefe and Madhevere gave us something to smile about especially Madhevere.

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

I am gutted at how close we came to a win and how gallantly the boys played to get us this close. The emotions expressed by the skipper showed it all that it really hurt him. Im annoyed that our cricket IQ is that poor at under 19 level first the middle order collapse as we simply needed less than a run a ball and then the horrible Mankaned run out simply keep your bat in until the ball is delivered. The game is indeed a game of millimeters
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

aydee

Post by aydee »

SpitfiresKent wrote:So pissed off with how the game ended, really feel for the boys and how they have been completely robbed of a quarter final place. Ngarava was literally millimetres out of his crease when the bails were removed, what an absolute dick move by the West Indian bowler.

At least Keefe and Madhevere gave us something to smile about especially Madhevere.
Completely sucks. Still a bit gutted.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Conant wrote:
Googly wrote:They have to change this law. All you need to do is insist that the batsman is warned once the first time, that's all. That motherfuxker started his run up with the intention of running him out. I blame Conant.

:D :D :D :)

I don't know what it is about ZIMDOGGY. To demonstrate his independence, he must just disagree with everybody, or air out an unpopular and indiscriminate view :(

I have always doubted he was Zimbabwean, anyway. Even Rhodesians had more empathy. :D

The whole idea on Mankading, at least was to prevent batsmen running our of their crease to gain an advantage, which in this case CLEARLY wasn't the case.

After reviewing the footage, the captain however young, enthusiastic, immature he might have been, should have withdrawn his appeal. Really disappointed by West Indian cricket.
Geez it's always about race with you.

Firstly, I am angry as much as anyone else. Shit way to go, I've blown up on my own social media and shit,

but.....

Secondly, it's WITHIN THE RULES! We are living in the professional age where every minuscule tactic is pushed to its full advantage. Like the commentators have said, if it were baseball, the pitchers would be looking to catch batters creeping of their crease. It's logical, we just aren't used to it as a cricketing community.

Our own andy flower was a massive abuser of the mankad aversion. Commentators would replay him being 1/3 down the pitch at the bowling delivery and ridicule him for It.yhe absence of the maniac rule would mean that batters Could abuse this rule and be 2/3 down the pitch at point of delivery.

Bats are meant to stay in their crease or risk a run out - end of story.the only shit part of this game was the batsman clearly wasn't trying to steal a single. He just didn't know what was happening and be it as the culture is, should have been warned.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Ming

Post by Ming »

OK, so West Indian dick moves aside, I think this is one of the first crops of youngsters who've shown some good potential in a while. We saw what Snyder, Ives, Keefe and Magarira could do...and Madhevere...the lad's only 15!
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

In this hour of feeling good about how we put up a show and how we were robbed, can we stop having personal go at each other? Can't really make out if it is friendly banter or out and out hatred, but let's not go there.