[Match Thread] South Africa v Zimbabwe (World Cup)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] South Africa v Zimbabwe (World Cup)

Post by eugene »

Zimbabwe showed fight which was great. We just lack a strike bowler who can capitalise on momentum. Kyle Jarvis could have been useful I reckon.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Excellent performance by ZIM! What a difference Whatmore is making. He is one of the finest motivators around.

Wholly impressed with Hammy. I've always considered him a minnow basher but the way he was bashing Steyn was a treat to watch. The boys did well to keep the NRR in check.

ZIM have an excellent shot at making the QFs...hopefully it brings sponsors and players back!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYq6auq5cyQ (Jaylen Brown, 2024 NBA Finals MVP)

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

To hit that many runs against the finest attack in our group, if not the Cup is a good start. Kamungozi should have bowled that last over of Mire's in hindsight, although in Miller's mood it might have gone for 36. If we play this good in each game we should definitely win 2 and possibly 4.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

Downforcricket :

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

I think we often employ double standards where some of our batters are concerned. I wouldn't want to criticize Williams or Ervine -- it's never easy to walk to the crease with 8-9 runs needed per over -- but just imagine for a second it had been Matsi scratching around instead of Williams or Maruma trying to block JP Duminy out of the attack à la Ervine ...

grant

Post by grant »

foreignfield wrote:I think we often employ double standards where some of our batters are concerned. I wouldn't want to criticize Williams or Ervine -- it's never easy to walk to the crease with 8-9 runs needed per over -- but just imagine for a second it had been Matsi scratching around instead of Williams or Maruma trying to block JP Duminy out of the attack à la Ervine ...
But, at the same time, Maruma has done nothing to suggest he's good enough for international cricket..... Williams, on the other hand, has already proven his ability. His recent form isn't bad either. He did hit a quick unbeaten fifty against SL in the warm-up....
And I seem to recall Maruma struggled against mediocre BD seamers on flat pitches.....

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

It isn't a double std when one bloke averages 30+ and the other averages below 10

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Yep, reading my statement again it sounds a bit silly. :)

It was more a case of me virtually biting into my keyboard when Craig brought our chase to a standsill the way he always does, at least post the 2011 WC -- he then normally gets 35 off 60 balls, a "gutsy" effort applauded all alround -- ... and nobody had a word to say.

grant

Post by grant »

Downforcricket : https://www.facebook.com/downforcricket ... 43/?type=1
Know your players:Is Tawanda Mupariwa the man for the job during those troublesome death overs? #backyourboys #CWC15