[U19 World Cup] Zimbabwe vs Windies

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [U19 World Cup] Zimbabwe vs Windies

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

The point is, you don't decide games with such moves. We already had 3 decisions go against us and we were still trying to stay afloat. Hats off to the character shown by our guys. Every one of them contributed in their own way in today's match. The fact that the WI team had to stoop to such levels to steal a victory tells you loads about how endearing our own performance was.

aydee

Post by aydee »

Ming wrote:OK, so West Indian dick moves aside, I think this is one of the first crops of youngsters who've shown some good potential in a while. We saw what Snyder, Ives, Keefe and Magarira could do...and Madhevere...the lad's only 15!
Maybe.

Windies were poor though, and the record of these boys in the lead up to this tournament has also been poor. The batting remains a worry for me. Both Snyder and Ives still seem to have some very glaring faults, and seem nowhere near ready for senior cricket. The 2 finger spinners have been quite impressive though, their control has been good. Madhevere's composure with the bat was also encouraging. It will be fascinating to watch his progress in the next few years. He will still be one of the youngest in the squad at the next U19 WC!

SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by SpitfiresKent »

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/under-19 ... 2016-02-02

Mangongo:
"I am disappointed with the way the game ended. I have debriefed the boys in the dressing room and they were all crying. We have explained that technically the run-out is legal. We left it to the last man and we should not have done that. It was a hard lesson and they have learnt it the hard way."

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Conant wrote:
Googly wrote:They have to change this law. All you need to do is insist that the batsman is warned once the first time, that's all. That motherfuxker started his run up with the intention of running him out. I blame Conant.

:D :D :D :)

I don't know what it is about ZIMDOGGY. To demonstrate his independence, he must just disagree with everybody, or air out an unpopular and indiscriminate view :(

I have always doubted he was Zimbabwean, anyway. Even Rhodesians had more empathy. :D

The whole idea on Mankading, at least was to prevent batsmen running our of their crease to gain an advantage, which in this case CLEARLY wasn't the case.

After reviewing the footage, the captain however young, enthusiastic, immature he might have been, should have withdrawn his appeal. Really disappointed by West Indian cricket.
Geez it's always about race with you.

Firstly, I am angry as much as anyone else. Shit way to go, I've blown up on my own social media and shit,

but.....

Secondly, it's WITHIN THE RULES! We are living in the professional age where every minuscule tactic is pushed to its full advantage. Like the commentators have said, if it were baseball, the pitchers would be looking to catch batters creeping of their crease. It's logical, we just aren't used to it as a cricketing community.

Our own andy flower was a massive abuser of the mankad aversion. Commentators would replay him being 1/3 down the pitch at the bowling delivery and ridicule him for It.yhe absence of the maniac rule would mean that batters Could abuse this rule and be 2/3 down the pitch at point of delivery.

Bats are meant to stay in their crease or risk a run out - end of story.the only shit part of this game was the batsman clearly wasn't trying to steal a single. He just didn't know what was happening and be it as the culture is, should have been warned.
Havent seen Andy doing this. The only incident was Grant Flower being mankaded by Deepak Patel in the NZ SERIES in Zim. It was the the first time an ODI interrupted a test match as organisers played ODI on the second day of the test (being Sunday). The reaction was acrimonious. 3 run outs were turned by local umpire Kantilal kanjee and Crow was furious. The moment this happened in today's game, Walsh flashed in my memory as I remember that historic WC match. WI were sent packing and Pak made it to semis. Pakistan officially gave Walsh a medallion later as spirit of cricket award. Our own Kapil Dev has mankaded Peter Kirsten after giving him multiple warnings. In today's case, batsman was on the line and in other instances way outside crease. The bowler had only one intention. Cheaters
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

oh well, Mangongo is showing maturity when you need it the least...

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:Alright, time for Mangongo to let them know how he feels right now. In the press conference. For once Steve, direct your anger at those idiots and tell them what it is like to lose like this.
Mangongo has no balls to do that. This man can only hurl abuse at fellow Zimbabweans kids
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

In all this mankading madness, what is getting lost are the 3 horrible decisions that went against us. Mavuta not getting his wicket LBW, and glaring decisions against Snyder and Keefe, both well on their way to guide us home. Why doesn't ICC impose DRS (and even experiment a bit with it) in the U19 level so that players get used to it right from the young age about the nuances of using it? What was stopping them from employing it for the tournament? We should be officially expressing our disappointment at the appalling levels of umpiring that cost us today.

I would not say the same with the last year's Williams - Mooney incident in the World Cup. There, it was clear we were idiotic to a large extent, in fact Williams was naive to not stand his ground. We can't blame the decision there anymore. Today's was nothing less than daylight robbery.

aydee

Post by aydee »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:In all this mankading madness, what is getting lost are the 3 horrible decisions that went against us. Mavuta not getting his wicket LBW, and glaring decisions against Snyder and Keefe, both well on their way to guide us home. Why doesn't ICC impose DRS (and even experiment a bit with it) in the U19 level so that players get used to it right from the young age about the nuances of using it? What was stopping them from employing it for the tournament? We should be officially expressing our disappointment at the appalling levels of umpiring that cost us today.
Keefe's would have remained out on DRS though... Snyder's wasn't a shocker. The worst umpiring decision of the day was not giving Mashinge caught behind off an extremely thick edge.

Robbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Robbo »

Surely you just change the law, so that you get one warning. As has already been mentioned, if you are stupid enough to do it twice, after being being warned, maybe you should be out.
Did you see the West Indies coach at the end? He was looking embarrased and rightly so. Terrible way to end a game. Impressed with Ives, Keefe and Madhevere, thought they played very well.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Just so furious at that.

As usual, we dont have the rub of the green. Shocking from Wrst Indies.

What boggled me was how proud of themselves they were after they did it. Speaks volumes about them as individuals.

Frustration coupled with the sense of hopelessness is overcoming me.

Foreignfield you are a wise man haha