T20 World Cup 2022 | 16th Oct - 13th Nov

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tgk

Re: T20 World Cup 2022 | 16th Oct - 13th Nov

Post by tgk »

Just need Pakistan to choke like this against us :mrgreen:

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Does nawaz ball was no ball? For spinners i believe that it's a no ball if it passes above shoulder height, rather than waist height :?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

What an unbelievable game! Another India - Pakistan classic. Just incredible and a legendary knock by Virat.

Some very good posts here, Pakistan bottled it no doubt. Esp Nawaz who looked nervous even when 13 were needed off 3. Secondly Pak should look to have a 6th bowling option, they could have played M Wasim over Haider Ali who is useless anyways, and that could have made a huge difference.

Nonetheless, amazing match.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:43 pm
What an unbelievable game! Another India - Pakistan classic. Just incredible and a legendary knock by Virat.

Some very good posts here, Pakistan bottled it no doubt. Esp Nawaz who looked nervous even when 13 were needed off 3. Secondly Pak should look to have a 6th bowling option, they could have played M Wasim over Haider Ali who is useless anyways, and that could have made a huge difference.

They had Iftikhar. Im blaming Babar personally. Awful bowling changes. Completely took pressure off Hardik and Kohli

tgk

Post by tgk »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:48 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

They had Iftikhar. Im blaming Babar personally. Awful bowling changes. Completely took pressure off Hardik and Kohli
Same here, Babar overthinked it like Guardiola in that UCL final. I don't understand the logic of keeping the guy who got punted for 20 in his 3rd over as your main man for the last over to defend against Virat fucking Kohli. Then again, Kohli pulled out the stuff of legends.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:48 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

He is still a spinner and his record is quite poor, I'm saying a fast bowling option, M Wasim can bat as well he is a bit like Evans 😄 and he is in very good form, their middle order doesn't make much of a difference, even if they play an extra batter he doesn't do zilch, that's quite obvious. Playing an extra seamer here I think was a no brainer for Pak.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

tgk wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:56 pm

Same here, Babar overthinked it like Guardiola in that UCL final. I don't understand the logic of keeping the guy who got punted for 20 in his 3rd over as your main man for the last over to defend against Virat fucking Kohli. Then again, Kohli pulled out the stuff of legends.
I don't think the plan was to keep him for the last over, but because he got smacked around, Babar had to go to his pacers to try and pile on pressure not leak runs, therefore Nawaz could defend 25 plus in the final over. That didn't work as the pacers got hit for sixes too. Pakistan just blew it at the end with their bowling.

On another note, as much as I don't like the guy, Raza should watch Kohli. His head position is so steady and that makes his shots much easier. His 6's looked so simple and half of them were just little flicks and not attempting to hit the ball to the next city.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

When in the zone, there is no stopping Kohli. I mean 28 requried off 8, any team could have bowled a part timer vs ABD, Smith, Root, Warner and still won the game. But only Kohli and maybe a couple of other Indian batters could have chased that down.

Somehow, someway, Indian batters induce fear into the opposition bowlers and they start bowling hittable balls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYq6auq5cyQ (Jaylen Brown, 2024 NBA Finals MVP)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

NED wins toss vs BD...supposedly very cold in Hobart.

I wonder if the ZIM-SA game will be on the same pitch. Can't see how they would prepare another strip in the 30 mins between games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYq6auq5cyQ (Jaylen Brown, 2024 NBA Finals MVP)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:22 am
When in the zone, there is no stopping Kohli. I mean 28 requried off 8, any team could have bowled a part timer vs ABD, Smith, Root, Warner and still won the game. But only Kohli and maybe a couple of other Indian batters could have chased that down.

Somehow, someway, Indian batters induce fear into the opposition bowlers and they start bowling hittable balls.
He is definitely talented, but I don't buy into this narrative that only Kohli could have done that. I reckon ABD, and Smith could definitely have done what he did. There are few batsmen who can hit them the way he was and they are in that league. It's a bit of a disservice to those players that there's this narrative that it can only be him.