ZC announce major restructure: Mhishi Committee

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

Re: ZC announce major restructure: Mhishi Committee

Post by Marshmallow »

Some days ago, an article mentioned that Stuart Matsikenyeri will be part of the technical team. However, ZC has not yet announced the batting coach. Is there any possibility of Stuart taking the spot?

totoro
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by totoro »

55727835 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:52 am
what was DH's role in the end? I remember seeing he was sticking around, but not specifically where he would fit.
Director of cricket - Hamilton Masakadza's previous role, if I remember correctly. :)

Bulawayo Boy

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

I dont think this is as bad as it seems initially. Sammons will take the coaching flak. Dion. Well he's only the assistant. I like him a lot to be fair. Nice guy, tough crickter, and has experience at Zim level at U13; U15; U19 and Test and ODI level, so he knows our systems. His career occurred at a terrible time in Zimbabwe and I'd contend that there are few on this forum with more test or ODI runs than him. I also know him to be mentally strong, which I hope he can impart on the team. Lets give them a chance. There are no queues for the Zim job.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I agree on Dion. That's not a bad appointment.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

totoro wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:42 am
55727835 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:52 am
what was DH's role in the end? I remember seeing he was sticking around, but not specifically where he would fit.
Director of cricket - Hamilton Masakadza's previous role, if I remember correctly. :)
Hamilton is doing effectively the same role he was doing six months ago, for the same salary, except now he won't be held responsible and they've set Dirk up to be the fall-guy next time something goes wrong.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Senior men’s team coaching staff:

Head Coach: Justin Sammons
Batting Coach: Dion Ebrahim
Bowling Coach: Charl Langeveldt
Fielding Coach: Stuart Matsikenyeri
Strategic Performance: Ravish Gobind
Strength & Coaching: Curtly Diesel

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:17 am

You forgot the selection committee: 💩

totoro

Post by totoro »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:17 am

Happy to see Langeveldt joining the team! :D

Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by 55727835 »

Awaiting the blokes to say this selection will change nothing- ZC is broken, selection racist, Madande is shit (googly).

But I'm so bloody chuffed with this lineup. Langeveldt is the real deal with experience in SA, Bangladesh, and Netherlands. Heard good things about Govind as well. The rest seem to be mixed levels of experience, but the reality is we have a strong team of genuine top-level coaches.

I'm absolutely ecstatic for the next few years.

Googly

Post by Googly »

:lol:
I've never said he's shit. I just don't think he's anywhere near as good as you guys keep saying. His name is penned into every game and I question that. He's going to get every opportunity under the sun so let's see how he progresses.

Salmon's appointment and his staff are certainly a big departure from what we've seen in the past. I'm behind them all the way. I'm skeptical about South Africans in general, we are oil and water with those guys as a rule, let's hope this crew are the exception.
They also know they're third prize. That's an interesting start to any relationship. Stu remains their inside man.

Who knows what he's negotiated as far as input into the selection process goes. I'll guarantee ZC have ensured they have the right of veto thru Mutendira. He remains their inside man. ZC have covered their bases and still have both hands on our wheel of misfortune. In a few months he'll have an idea of who the good guys are, but whether he can put them on the park at once is unlikely.
Nothing to quench a guy's mojo faster than being told to do his best with A,B & C instead of X, Y and Z.

The people saying we've got 4 good players are talking shit.
We've got enough guys here to make our team competitive.
They need the right coaching and the right environment. We've had neither. Even guys like DH I believe have been a bit generic. Get into a guy's head and understand how he ticks and help him as an individual. It's not rocket science, but not easy having to do that with 15 guys.
I've been watching this NPL avidly. We've got some good players here, it's a game of millimeters.