[U19 World Cup] Zimbabwe vs Windies

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [U19 World Cup] Zimbabwe vs Windies

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
foreignfield wrote:There is also a reason why I started to support Zim, and not the greatest side of the day, the all-conquering, bossy, sledging Aussies under Steve Waugh. In all those years I was often embarrassed by what happened off the field in Zim cricket, but never by the players and their actions on it.
+1. Add me to that list.

By the way, you guys indicating on the lines of "the rules allow it so take it on the chin and move on"... Have you given a thought about whether Ngarava was actually out of the crease? Remember, this is a case of batsman moving out of the crease as the bails are being broken - like stumping. So, the momentum of both the batsman and the bowler trying to inflict run out are moving forward (not like run out where the batsman is out and is trying to come in from the opposite direction). If you see the image below, he is on the line and the bails are completely off and in the air (and yes, "the line belongs to the umpire") but the previous frame shows a tiny part of Ngarava's bat inside while the bail is not completely broken. So, sometime between these two frames was the instant when the bail was lofted completely from above the stumps and there is no conclusive evidence for me to give that out in the first place. Why was there a hurry to declare it out after two replays? Why no other angles were explored?
CaNOmGKWcAAoBpa.jpg
To me, it is unfair to say the batsman will learn a tough lesson from this and let's move on, because he was already following the rule to the "spirit". I would consider it very harsh on Ngarava if that is the conclusion we want to draw. I agree, in general batsmen should learn a lesson given the rule. But this guy did not even break the rule. He was maximizing his opportunity within the allowed "rules" of the game...
Agree with you. For all those supporting the bowler, I request to see the previous instances. Jaffer was way down the crease, Kirsten was given 3 warnings from Kapil, Grant too was outside the crease. In this particular incident, Ngarava was as close in the crease as possible but Paul was determined to do this. People will soon forget the WC but will remember the the cheaters. Comparisons between Walsh and Keemo Paul will be made. Whole twitter is bashing this team.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

To be honest watching the whole game I realized this is how the west indies were taught to play..win at all costs. don't forget the keeper tried a cheeky runout on Snyder as well. Mavuta was also out coz of an overzealous appeal.. they clearly had a different mentality and that's why u saw Ian Bishop justifying what they did.

We just need to move on and look at the positives.. After all we are supposed to be identifying talent. I firmly believe the West Indies is on a steady decline. We were understregnth and were it not for their 1 quicky bowling in the mid 140s I feel we would have comfortably won.

From what I'm seeing we will eventually overtake them if we just manage to keep it together somehow. Right now they still have some serious talent but they have nothing extremely special coming through their system if u ask me. Hopefully we play them a bit more this year at senior level so that people can see what I'm talking bout. I firmly believe we are not that far behind sri Lanka and the west indies and in the next few years we should be almost par with them..let these teams play 14 games against Afghanistan and they will not win all of them

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

if we had our full complement of players-
The Taylors, The Welch's, etc we could be on par with Sri Lanka.

We would also need to produce two decent quicks too though.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Ming
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Ming »

Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

Googly

Post by Googly »

Over-zealous appealing is another of my pet hates. Umpires should be allowed to tazer offenders.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:In this hour of feeling good about how we put up a show and how we were robbed, can we stop having personal go at each other? Can't really make out if it is friendly banter or out and out hatred, but let's not go there.

On my part, friendly banter. On their part, I really don't know. I guess with ZCF Outcast gone, people have to find a new target.

I'm really sorry you didn't spot the smileys Doggy and Googly and I'm really sorry too my joke about Rhodies is deemed to be in poor taste. Clearly, I'm no Trevoh Noah. ;)

Since two days ago howeve, when I got attacked for no reason, I have ceased to care. Zimdowg and Googly, you don't have to read my offensive posts. You are free to mute, or alternatively have a quiet word with Maehera, who I doubt he will entertain your nonsense.

I have been a member of this group for 8 years, since 2008 and in that time I had very little issues whatsoever with people until HHM/ ZCFOUTCAST/Rabada pointed out a few issues and I backed him on some.

It didn't matter that I was the very first to point out some of his absurdities, contrary to many members who initially jumped on his bandwagon until he started saying things you didn't like.

I disagreed with plenty of people on this forum but it never incendiary like the lynching you seem to be propagating on me now.

Eugene, who I always had a few exchanges and challenges with, always kept it civil right till the end.

And you, who regularly, negligently and liberally uses words like nigger on the forum, do not see the irony of your statement? Zimdowg, really? And you want to mention race to me?

My favourite player in the team Sean Williams. Before that Hamilton Masakadza. I saw the talent beyond the ruggedness of Malcolm Waller Way before many here did. He only got scath from me when he went two years without a score and once he performed I was converted once more. I regularly attacked Vusi Sibanda and since Bangladesh I have been complimentary or at least silent. I'm critical of Craig Ervine and I am yet to be converted. Race had nothing to do with it. You never saw my post about Adam Keefe yesterday, did you? Or Madhevere? Good players both, what has race got anything to do with it? No, I do not see race . I see fairness and injustice.

I will not cease speaking my mind, and I will not take abuse from either of you. Clearly you are not used to being challenged, its a trait strangely peculiar to some.
Conant wrote:
Googly wrote:And conant
I would be very interested to know what it is I have done, Googly? ;)

Madhevere doing everything that our top order should have done to win us the match.

Joseph almost decimated the game away from us.

Keefe my undoubted man of the match if we pull this off.
Googly, I have no words for you and I don't know what your issues is. Like I said, I have ceased to care and my bread does not come from your table. Like you said yourself, move on.
Last edited by Conant on Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Googly

Post by Googly »

My comments were half in jest. Calm down.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Conant wrote:
CrimsonAvenger wrote:In this hour of feeling good about how we put up a show and how we were robbed, can we stop having personal go at each other? Can't really make out if it is friendly banter or out and out hatred, but let's not go there.

On my part, friendly banter. On their part, I really don't know. I guess with ZCF Outcast gone, people have to find a new target.

I'm really sorry you didn't spot the smileys Doggy and Googly and I'm really sorry too my joke about Rhodies is deemed to be in poor taste. Clearly, I'm no Trevoh Noah. ;)

Since two days ago howeve, when I got attacked for no reason, I have ceased to care. Zimdowg and Googly, you don't have to read my offensive posts. You are free to mute, or alternatively have a quiet word with Maehera, who I doubt he will entertain your nonsense.

I have been a member of this group for 8 years, since 2008 and in that time I had very little issues whatsoever with people until HHM/ ZCFOUTCAST/Rabada pointed out a few issues and I backed him on some.

It didn't matter that I was the very first to point out some of his absurdities, contrary to many members who initially jumped on his bandwagon until he started saying things you didn't like.

I disagreed with plenty of people on this forum but it never incendiary like the lynching you seem to be propagating on me now.

Eugene, who I always had a few exchanges and challenges with, always kept it civil right till the end.

And you, who regularly, negligently and liberally uses words like nigger on the forum, do not see the irony of your statement? Zimdowg, really? And you want to mention race to me?

My favourite player in the team Sean Williams. Before that Hamilton Masakadza. I saw the talent beyond the ruggedness of Malcolm Waller Way before many here did. He only got scath from me when he went two years without a score and once he performed I was converted once more. I regularly attacked Vusi Sibanda and since Bangladesh I have been complimentary or at least silent. I'm critical of Craig Ervine and I am yet to be converted. Race had nothing to do with it. You never saw my post about Adam Keefe yesterday, did you? Or Madhevere? Good players both, what has race got anything to do with it? No, I do not see race . I see fairness and injustice.

I will not cease speaking my mind, and I will not take abuse from either of you. Clearly you are not used to being challenged, its a trait strangely peculiar to some.
Conant wrote:
Googly wrote:And conant
I would be very interested to know what it is I have done, Googly? ;)

Madhevere doing everything that our top order should have done to win us the match.

Joseph almost decimated the game away from us.

Keefe my undoubted man of the match if we pull this off.
Googly, I have no words for you and I don't know what your issues is. Like I said, I have ceased to care and my bread does not come from your table. Like you said yourself, move on.
Eh?
I don't care. Im not offended by words. Say all you like/be racist IF you feel it. I like listening to opinions and hearing it.

You see, I'm not one for political correctness. I think it's silly when people get 'outraged' but not really. I think it's silly when people want an apology for a statement they obviously really feel.
Besides , not saying whatever racial views just forces whatever someone thinks deep inside them, it doesn't change how you really feel, so you get this bullshit secret society as a result
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly