[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Pakistan (Only Test)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Maweni
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Pakistan (Only Test)

Post by Maweni »

Hard luck Vusi, was a great knock! Again he seems to only get out when he wants to, perhaps would have been pertinent to hold off the risky stuff till after his 50 or lunch.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Maweni wrote:Hard luck Vusi, was a great knock! Again he seems to only get out when he wants to, perhaps would have been pertinent to hold off the risky stuff till after his 50 or lunch.
I wouldent say using your feet against the spinner is risky, he was not going for the hit over the top but looking to get to the pitch of the ball before it spun. If you look at players like Michael Clarke and AB Devillers who use there feet against the spinners nearly every ball by just knocking ones and two;s.

Ajmal is looking dangerous though and we need to atack him after lunch and knock him of his length

takleg
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by takleg »

seems as if none of the Zim players are picking the doosra. hafeez should come on after lunch to bowl with ajmal.
Vusi, Mawoyo, H.Masakadza, Taylor, Ervine, Williams, Mutumbami, S.Masakadza, Meth, Price, Jarvis

aydee

Post by aydee »

zimfan1 wrote:
Maweni wrote:Hard luck Vusi, was a great knock! Again he seems to only get out when he wants to, perhaps would have been pertinent to hold off the risky stuff till after his 50 or lunch.
I wouldent say using your feet against the spinner is risky, he was not going for the hit over the top but looking to get to the pitch of the ball before it spun. If you look at players like Michael Clarke and AB Devillers who use there feet against the spinners nearly every ball by just knocking ones and two;s.

Ajmal is looking dangerous though and we need to atack him after lunch and knock him of his length
If a spinner can turn it both ways, and you are not reading him, then leaving your crease is a clear risk!

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Everyone says this is a weak Pak team, is it not their first choice batting line up? Is Ajmal not their first choice spinner? Apart from Wahab Riaz and Umar Gul who are they not picking (I am not including match fixers)?

I think this is a strong Pak team and thus a very good test for us.

PS While John Ward will always be the king of Zim cricket journalism, I think Firdose is doing really wonderful work covering the team this season (apart from saying Vusi was an Eagle). I love reading it.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

This is a really big opportunity for Mawoyo. He is set at the crease, this is a good chance for him to put a big score on the board.

:4: Masakadza finding the boundary now.

Maweni

Post by Maweni »

aydee wrote:
zimfan1 wrote:

If a spinner can turn it both ways, and you are not reading him, then leaving your crease is a clear risk!
Thank you Aydee. Zimfan1, that wasn't even the ball for him to come down the crease to, the line was not straight enough for the way he came down either.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Maweni wrote:
aydee wrote:
zimfan1 wrote:

Thank you Aydee. Zimfan1, that wasn't even the ball for him to come down the crease to, the line was not straight enough for the way he came down either.
I agree that it wanst the right ball to come down to as if you look at the reply he didnt get to the pitch of the ball, however the intention wasnt risky but the exucution was poor.

Mawoyo gets away with one there, needs to fight out this period.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Another wicket goes. Clearly Ajmal is the threat here.

So what sort of total should we be looking to get? A big partnership is needed somewhere, I'd like to see a minimum of 350 on the board.

takleg
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by takleg »

Ajmal is going to tear Zim apart if they don't figure out a way to play him. Tino has to get a big one now.
Vusi, Mawoyo, H.Masakadza, Taylor, Ervine, Williams, Mutumbami, S.Masakadza, Meth, Price, Jarvis