T20 WC 2024

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: T20 WC 2024

Post by eugene »

Ireland are ridiculous as a full member, they seemingly have little intention of playing test cricket and their website mentions nothing of a first class competition past or future. To think Zimbabwe missed out on a World Cup for much much less.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm a practising muslim and I really couldn't care less for Afghanistan. They are clearly in breach of ICC rules and should not be a full member nation. They also come across as an arrogant bunch of players and now as we've seen with Naib, shamelessly immoral.

Nothing would please me more than South Africa beating them tomorrow.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

For the record, I'd like to see Afghanistan lose to South Africa as well. Because I'm a salty ass Bangladesh fan and they beat my team. :lol:

I'm just not going to fake caring about women's rights in Afghanistan but not complain about women not having healthcare access or being massacred elsewhere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYq6auq5cyQ (Jaylen Brown, 2024 NBA Finals MVP)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:17 pm
For the record, I'd like to see Afghanistan lose to South Africa as well. Because I'm a salty ass Bangladesh fan and they beat my team. :lol:

I'm just not going to fake caring about women's rights in Afghanistan but not complain about women not having healthcare access or being massacred elsewhere.
There are a lot of wrong things going on in the World Kriterion, it is not the ICC's job to take care of all that. It is a simple rule that every full member nation must have a women's team and they don't, so they should not be a full member nation.

I have no problem in Afghanistan being an associate nation, absolutely fine with that.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:07 pm

There are a lot of wrong things going on in the World Kriterion, it is not the ICC's job to take care of all that. It is a simple rule that every full member nation must have a women's team and they don't, so they should not be a full member nation.

I have no problem in Afghanistan being an associate nation, absolutely fine with that.
Yes but now imagine whitewashing Afghanistan's abuses simply because they are open society for all male Muslims with 6 inch beards or longer and the only vibrant Islamic Emirate in the region.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:07 pm

The Afghans and the Irish hardly play Test cricket anyways. So they are de facto Associate nations, like Zimbabwe. So technically they can argue they don't need to be held to the same standard as the 9 WTC teams because they are not in the same category, they don't get the same opportunities, and they don't get the same funding.

I think all this crying about Afghanistan and Ireland is a bad look. Its just a dumb as complaining about Rashid Khan's age. How many 40 year olds do you know that can take 4 wickets and smack 19 off 10 to win their side a virtual Quarterfinal at the World Cup?

I've been on the Bangladesh forums on social media and all the BD fans are criticizing the Bangladesh team for their cowardice and all praise for Afghanistan for bossing us. These guys don't even have a home ground for internationals. Many of them grew up in tents as refugees and endured a lot more hardship than the middle class Bangladesh players who've had easy lives since they were born. And yet they've battled and prevailed.

The only blemish on their win was Gulbadin's faking an hamstring injury...but even Rashid Khan was livid about that and was yelling at Gulbadin to cut that shit off. Gulbadin should be fined his entire match fee and even suspended from a few games. But it wasn't that big a deal as Liton Das was joking with Mohammad Nabi about it. You can argue that Liton should have been a bit more upset because Bangladesh were just one boundary away from a DL win at that stage...although that would have only pushed Australia through and thus had no relevance to Bangladesh.

Pat_Bee
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Pat_Bee »

And crying about US gynaecology care and unidentified women being starved and bombed is a good look?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:39 pm
And crying about US gynaecology care and unidentified women being starved and bombed is a good look?
Men don't cry.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

What an embarrasment the ICC is. First they rig the seedings for the Super 8s to ensure India goes into the easier group, and then they guarantee them the semifinal without the reserve day. I don't think I've ever seen sporting body so blatantly favour one nation over all others.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:17 pm

You can care about both of them equally. The issue is that you are making them all the ICCs issue when they are not.