Provisional squad for the U19 world cup

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Provisional squad for the U19 world cup

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

On a semi related note,
One thing Id like to ask more people in the know (here) is why isSouth Africa viewed as the dream destination for Zimbabweans and other nations nearby?

It seems just like a bigger Zimbabwe but with more crime and less education?
At least black Zimbabweans are pleasant natured but the saffers seem vicious, not to mention they have been burning zimbos alive.

Sa has the highest murder rate in the world and many fellow Aussies are petrified to go anywhere near there, so what is the big attraction ?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Also if ZC were really smart instead of shaftińg the white guys, why wouldn't you exploit their talents and success on the field and make money of the back of their success? Sponsorships, better touring teams etc.
The white guys won't care and the black head honchos can piggyback in a more ethical way,
And nothing increases junior participation rates than a winning team
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

South Africa is no longer the tourist destination it was. Even with the Rand at an all time low there are very few visitors. Although the state sanctioned white genocide is not making the mainstream media people are becoming aware of it. For your information- during the abhorrent apartheid era 7000 blacks were killed, many of which were in Natal in inter-tribal clashes. Post apartheid figures are staggering- 70 000 whites murdered by blacks and around 230 000 black folk. It's insane, there are actual war zones with fewer casualties. The world is silent, but they are voting with their feet.
SA still has a decent infrastructure which will be difficult to mess up, but they will try hard. My favourite is having a destroyed currency and hoping it will attract foreign investment, well it is a bit, the Chinese are invading SA as well.
In the bad old days there was no foreign investment, and it wasn't required, there were real sanctions (not a few personal frozen bank accounts, state sponsored media is so good that the ignorant population think we are on lock down!!) and everything worked. I'm not suggesting it was the right way, I'm saying the local semi-indigenous did a great job, which everyone resented bitterly. Now many have fled to greener pastures or are broke and not entitled to ownership and the "real" indigenous are screaming for foreigners to come and help. It would be funny if my friends, family, community and I weren't tragic casualties. The people I really dislike are the indigenous guys that have fled the free Zimbabwe and South Africa yet continue to endorse these governments from the safety of their ex colonial masters' country. Rubber Mbava may be in SA(?), taking advantage of the state sponsored anti white sentiment for personal gain, but if he's not good enough at it he will ultimately flee to a First World country. Come home Rubber Mbava and witness first hand how it's working, bring a torch and your own water supply.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Calm down calm down it's only a commercial.
Kriterion you nailed it.
I must confess i was not sincere in my post and simply baiting HHM as i know with his ego size he'd seethe at the thought of apologising to a half white man, let alone a white man or anyone for that matter which is probably why he's single :D
Rumour is Franchises season starts in November.

bavuma_rabada
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by bavuma_rabada »

I addressed my background a long time ago. I have no maternal or partenal links to Zim really. Been following Zimbabwe cricket since before they got Test status, and I've been living in South Africa since before they got test status too. If you're smart enough you'll also realise that there was nothing much wrong in Zimbabwe then, and a lot wrong in SA at that time. So no material incentives brought me here. In any case at a young age you don't really decide where you want to go.

That also answers ZIMDOGGY. South Africa may very well be facing various challenges (as indeed the rest of the world), but it's home, so there was never a temptation to go overseas. Even if South Africa were to get worse than Zim I'll never move. The young generation here getting heavily involved in politics proves that they care. Why shouldnn't I!

What I am certain of is that if I was in Zim or had gone overseas I would have been a multi-millionaire in us$ terms (even now in Zim's perpetual recession), but I don't regret anything. I've done extremely well for myself and extended family.

I actually prefer Zimbabweans to be nearer in Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Botswana etc not overseas because they can easily go back to Zim and fix things, which in truth many need to muster the courage to do and soon. Contrary to popular belief, Zim in my view still has the potential to be the wealthiest country in Africa - I'd like to belief the NATO gangsters secretly share my view too. I do hate the fact that Zimbabweans, the most educated immigrants to SA, have morally degraded themselves to an extent, but I blame lack of self-respect not desperation.

SA is not as dangerous as it's made out to be. In any case it's just 21 years old. It will take at least a 100 years to reverse the effects of the evil apartheid regime.
Mighty Proteas: Sincuba, Zondo, Ramela, Bavuma, Tsolekile(c), Mosehle(wk), Gqamane, Rabada, Phehlukwayo, Phangiso, Tsotsobe (Coach: Toyana)

Googly

Post by Googly »

By doing what they did x10 is not reversing it, it's perpetuating it.

bavuma_rabada

Post by bavuma_rabada »

Proper Springbok World Cup Squad!
Proper Springbok World Cup Squad!
SPRINGBOKS RWC2015 SQUAD UPDATED - Copy.png (17.25 KiB) Viewed 1909 times
Mighty Proteas: Sincuba, Zondo, Ramela, Bavuma, Tsolekile(c), Mosehle(wk), Gqamane, Rabada, Phehlukwayo, Phangiso, Tsotsobe (Coach: Toyana)

bavuma_rabada

Post by bavuma_rabada »

Googly wrote:By doing what they did x10 is not reversing it, it's perpetuating it.
:? What is times ten?

bavuma_rabada

Post by bavuma_rabada »

Kriterion_BD wrote:Dont forget its been the indigenous folks who have run ZC into the ground and chased away all the top players.
Robert Mugabe has been in charge of ZImbabwe since 1980, and Peter Chingoka in charge of cricket since 1992, same year they got Test status. No one chased anyone away, they chased themseves away. Get your facts straight next time. ;)

bavuma_rabada

Post by bavuma_rabada »

jimmylesaint wrote:...half white man...
Are you related to the Staddons? Are you Bradley Staddon?