Price v Utseya (in tests)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Price v Utseya (in tests)

Post by eugene »

If we are rewarding good play, Price should be in the next test side.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Flower power »

I think these guys play well together .they kind of compliment each other

Boundary
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Boundary »

This debate is fake and it shouldn't get anyone worked up. Price or Prosper or Cremer will be a question before every Test and rightly so. The pitch, the conditions, the opponent will factor into the equation. How do we want to bat, and hence how do we want to bowl. And before anyone says I'm simplifying things, well, let me complicate it further. We have the "Allrounder" question and the "number of seamers" question as well before each Test. This side isn't settled, nor should it be, we have a small pool of players, a little active competition for places should keep them all interested - improving everyone in the process. We don't have a county system where people get into the side almost ready made. So allowing everyone game time and rotating players (within reason) is our best way of giving everyone international exposure, lifting their standards from Logan Cup to international in the process.

sillymid
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by sillymid »

Boundary wrote:This debate is fake and it shouldn't get anyone worked up. Price or Prosper or Cremer will be a question before every Test and rightly so. The pitch, the conditions, the opponent will factor into the equation. How do we want to bat, and hence how do we want to bowl. And before anyone says I'm simplifying things, well, let me complicate it further. We have the "Allrounder" question and the "number of seamers" question as well before each Test. This side isn't settled, nor should it be, we have a small pool of players, a little active competition for places should keep them all interested - improving everyone in the process. We don't have a county system where people get into the side almost ready made. So allowing everyone game time and rotating players (within reason) is our best way of giving everyone international exposure, lifting their standards from Logan Cup to international in the process.
You are on point mate, i agree with most things you said.