[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Pakistan (Only Test)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Pakistan (Only Test)

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

4/188... ideally we'd want at least one century partnership in the innings, but that might not happen. It would be good for Mawoyo and Ervine to at least get 60 or 70 though, that would put the team at about the 5/250 mark. Maybe then Lamb and the tail could scrap together 100 runs to push the total up to 350.

Mawoyo's role is becoming increasingly important. I think I mentioned earlier that if he makes a hundred Zimbabwe will get a decent score, the reason for that simply being that if he gets a hundred he'll probably be facing another 120 odd deliveries while others bat around him.

FlowerPower
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by FlowerPower »

Good knock from Tino, and Ervine doing well too. I do think Zim has turned a corner, our 2 best batters out for less than 15 each and we have a decent performance from the others, a mark of a decent team, win or lose I am encouraged. And for all the Eugenes, I am very HAPPY for Craig, this is a Craig I will take any day... :D
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Shot Ervine.
He moves onto 30 with that boundry....dare i say it... :D

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

I agree. 6 overs to go, can't lose a wicket. 4/250 would be a good day one score.

FlowerPower

Post by FlowerPower »

Now for the dreaded closing of the day, this is one weakness I picked up with the team, closing a day and starting a day (from overnight).... fingers crossed.
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Was that Alistair Campbell doing the Geoffrey Boycott impression? It was pretty accurate!

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Was that Alistair Campbell doing the Geoffrey Boycott impression? It was pretty accurate!
I thought as much :lol:

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

How solid does Mawoyo look :D Fantastic sings for the future

eugene

Post by eugene »

Isn't Ervine fantastic!? Great knock from Mawoyo - proving his doubters, including me wrong. He really has the temperament to be a solid test opener.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes