[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Pakistan (Only Test)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Pakistan (Only Test)

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

eugene wrote:Isn't Ervine fantastic!? Great knock from Mawoyo - proving his doubters, including me wrong. He really has the temperament to be a solid test opener.
Well they do have Test averages of 79.50 and 78.00 respectively, you'd think they would be half decent ;)

FlowerPower
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by FlowerPower »

eugene wrote:Isn't Ervine fantastic!? Great knock from Mawoyo - proving his doubters, including me wrong. He really has the temperament to be a solid test opener.
True that! And for the record I never doubted him, just worried about his form, which hopefully has turned a corner :D hopefully pointing to a big fifty or Hundred... And good knock Tino
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Sibanda said the team is looking at setting about 400. I still reckon 350 is more realistic as there is not a lot of batting to come, although the expectations could change if Mawoyo and Ervine could bat through until lunch tomorrow. I really hope Mawoyo gets his century, he has put a lot of effort into his innings - he deserves a ton.

As it stands right now, which side is on top?

takleg
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by takleg »

At least we didn't lose any wicket towards stumps. I'm really happy about Mawoyo's boring knock and it looks like Ervine is always good for a 30 even when he's out of touch. If Ervine doesn't get dismissed I bet he'll get to his hundred before Mawoyo LOL. Match is still very much in the balance though.
Vusi, Mawoyo, H.Masakadza, Taylor, Ervine, Williams, Mutumbami, S.Masakadza, Meth, Price, Jarvis

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Wouldn't that be something!

How will the Zimbabwean bowlers go on this pitch? I suspect Price and Lamb will bowl a fair bit, but is there much encouragement for the seamers?

TheBradDevil
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by TheBradDevil »

Awesome 1 with the average if they retire tonite they ar legendz lol lol :-) Tino ' The Wall' Dravid massively impressive I retract my Mutizwa notion but mighty proud Craig doing wat I knew he could hope he carries on fingers in a knot!

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I would say 400 is a good target to have in mind. It is imperative that Ervine and Mawoyo bat till lunch tomorrow, because we all know once they are dismissed the last 6 wickets could fall for 20 runs. I am hoping Lamb is our Mawoyo of the middle order -someone who can be calm and patient and bat time. All in all it was a good day - from what I saw the only bowler really troubling us was Saeed Ajmal.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

all fair and fine Mawoyo ground out a 50 and may get a century but that was dam slow 273 balls is a lot to of balls for 82. Boring the Pakistanis to win the game not a plan.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

Zimfanatic69

Post by Zimfanatic69 »

Vusi got a start, Hammie and Brendan failed. Having said that a good day after a slump. Tino deserves that ruddy hundred for being so bloody minded. Glad to see Craig vindicating my call for the selectors not to drop him. I expect Greggie Lambster will provide some rigidity as well.

350 or above would be good.
Pakistan 100 for 6 by close of play would be great.
A talented batsman but a modest, hardworking character, Stuart Matsikenyeri is the third of three school friends from Churchill Boys High School, Harare to represent Zimbabwe in international cricket. - Cricinfo.

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Well they do have Test averages of 79.50 and 78.00 respectively, you'd think they would be half decent ;)
And playing for a team that hasn't been beaten in Tests since 2005. Don't forget that. :D