WI Touring Squad Announced

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
bayhaus
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: WI Touring Squad Announced

Post by bayhaus »

bayhaus wrote:More shockers to come...
cock wrote:
sloandog wrote:
cock wrote:It is amazing I have been told that Grant Flower and Heath Streak are not going on tour to the West Indies. It seems that the bowling and batting coach are not as important in comparison to the finance manager of ZC who is going

When did you find this out
I was told by one of the horses involved on friday night
I wasnt goin to be the bearer of bad news...
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Flower Power, that Test team is about as good as we can put out, assuming that is who they take out of the XV. I'm assuming you had Price at 8 ahead of Chatara, rather than Meth. If Meth is in he'll be at 8, unless they were to play Cremer instead of Price and he is at 8 and Meth is at 9. The deepest we could bat would be your top 7 plus Meth, Cremer, Price and Jarvis.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

No Streak or Flower, that sounds ominous. Does this mean Grant is out of contention for the coach position.

I imagine the finance manager is going to make sure the players don't spend all of ZCs money on room service charges.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

bayhaus

Post by bayhaus »

eugene wrote:No Streak or Flower, that sounds ominous. Does this mean Grant is out of contention for the coach position.
Guys we must not forget how these guys left cricket in the first place. And the only place where people truly repent, forgive and forget is in the Lords Church. Anywhere else people make trade offs, looking out for Number 1. These are just the chickens coming home to roost. Their trade off contract is probably over and they are now indispensable they got what they want and ZC got what they want. The main issue why they are not goin to WI will come out if ZC are really serious about this summit business.
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

Ming

Post by Ming »

...I give up. We all know how important it is to have a finance manager on a tour to sign the (dud) cheques. Whereas coaches, naah, not useful. Actually, why don't we dispense with players too, and muster up a bunch of Border Gezi youths, with a party official to spur them on? Fired up by the spirit of our glorious revolution, I'm sure they'll do us proud!
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

FlowerPower
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by FlowerPower »

Ming wrote:...I give up. We all know how important it is to have a finance manager on a tour to sign the (dud) cheques. Whereas coaches, naah, not useful. Actually, why don't we dispense with players too, and muster up a bunch of Border Gezi youths, with a party official to spur them on? Fired up by the spirit of our glorious revolution, I'm sure they'll do us proud!
Classic.... :D :D my sentiments exactly....
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu