[Match Thread] Bangladesh v Zimbabwe: 3rd ODI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] Bangladesh v Zimbabwe: 3rd ODI

Post by eugene »

sloandog wrote:Absolutely shit. (Pardon my language) I just find it insulting that we jiggle our order around every match !
I'm not bothered who wins, I've lost interest in seeing our boys get beat by Bangladesh.

I gather from your reaction you are surprised by our performances? To be honest I think Zimbabwe are performing as well as could be expected. Bangladesh in the sub-continent is now a tough challenge. They are a better team than us and are at home so I think a 4-1 or 3-2 series defeat is a realistic expectation. While our players have talent, they have always been inconsistent and I don't expect this to change any time soon.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

eugene

Post by eugene »

On a positive note the performance of Prosper Utseya was outstanding. I have always been critical of him for not taking wickets or realising his obvious potential with the bat but today he did both. His captaincy still leaves a bit to be desired in terms of bowling spells and field placements but at least he can lead by example unlike Chigumbura at the moment.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jamthala
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by jamthala »

i hope debengwa replace cremor in next match.
God Always Favors Brave Always

eugene

Post by eugene »

Dabengwa replace Cremer!! You are crazy. Cremer actually bowled ok and wasn't helped by Utseya only bowling him two overs at a time. Cremer never got a chance ot get into a rhythm. Plus Cremer's batting is just as good as Dabengwa's.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

jamthala wrote:i hope debengwa replace cremor in next match.
Mate....what you you on...?

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

theres oly one man that can save us...

keith dabengwa.

on a serious note,

fair to say that the zimboks have lost that fighting spirit.
They're not fighters anymore...they are bucklers who buckle under pressure.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Tinashce Ruswa

Post by Tinashce Ruswa »

sports people don't excel in the field or on raw talent alone its all in the mind and it seems we don't have neither the temperament nor the mindset at the moment....Hence why I think we always oscillate from sheer brilliance to utter despicable performances within one series..Same players same opposition.

eugene

Post by eugene »

Does anyone know if Zimbabwean cricket employs a sports psychologist? If not I think we need one.

mdm

Post by mdm »

eugene wrote:Does anyone know if Zimbabwean cricket employs a sports psychologist? If not I think we need one.
http://sandbox.zimcricketnews.com/node/2399
According to this article the Tuskers used a psychologist during preseason training so I dont know why the National Team cant have one if there is a need, if a franchise could employ one just for the pre-season im sure the national team can have one If the coaches see we need one.

jamthala
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by jamthala »

eugene wrote:Dabengwa replace Cremer!! You are crazy. Cremer actually bowled ok and wasn't helped by Utseya only bowling him two overs at a time. Cremer never got a chance ot get into a rhythm. Plus Cremer's batting is just as good as Dabengwa's.
i watch match,cremor try to turn bowl lot,
he a test kinda bowlers
sloandog wrote:
jamthala wrote:i hope debengwa replace cremor in next match.
Mate....what you you on...?
hey sloan check how debengwa perform in last match,droping him is very stupid thing by zim management
ZIMDOGGY wrote:theres oly one man that can save us...
keith dabengwa.
true words
:D :D
God Always Favors Brave Always