ZIM A vs AFGHAN A 1st Test in India

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
BMCAtreasurer
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

ZIM A vs AFGHAN A 1st Test in India

Post by BMCAtreasurer »

Hi just had a few minutes before heading off to the airport for India and thought i'd get a bit more involved here and start this thread. If anybody is interested of course otherwise i'm sure admin will shut it down.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: ZIM A vs AFGHAN A 1st Test in India

Post by sloandog »

BMCAtreasurer wrote:Hi just had a few minutes before heading off to the airport for India and thought i'd get a bit more involved here and start this thread. If anybody is interested of course otherwise i'm sure admin will shut it down.
I'm confused Amigo :lol: Who's playing who and where

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Well, as the subject says, Zim A are playing Afg A in India. 2 4 day matches, followed by List A. First 4 day match starts on 17th.
BMCAtreasurer wrote:Hi just had a few minutes before heading off to the airport for India and thought i'd get a bit more involved here and start this thread.
Any details of the squad that is touring?

aydee

Post by aydee »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:Well, as the subject says, Zim A are playing Afg A in India. 2 4 day matches, followed by List A. First 4 day match starts on 17th.
BMCAtreasurer wrote:Hi just had a few minutes before heading off to the airport for India and thought i'd get a bit more involved here and start this thread.
Any details of the squad that is touring?
Well at a guess, from the guys missing the last Logan Cup round...

Chari
Burl
Mamhiyo
Maruma
Kaia
Mupariwa
Mpofu
Nyumbu
Nyauchi
M'shangwe
Mupunga
Masvaure
Garwe
Chakabva
Mutombodzi

There's 15 names for you... Just a guess, but I doubt it is far from the truth.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Absolutely mind blowing Mpofu is on this tour ahead of Shingi or Mumba ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, that is the most likely squad. Not sure what is the point of sending guys like Mpofu and Mupariwa for the A team. We must be sending young up and coming guys. Hope Tiripano is asked to go to India at least from UAE after he was dropped from the BD bound squad.

Also, we should have sent Mufudza ahead of Mushangwe - he hasn't really shown much improvements in all the matches he has got at this level.

aydee

Post by aydee »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:Yeah, that is the most likely squad. Not sure what is the point of sending guys like Mpofu and Mupariwa for the A team. We must be sending young up and coming guys. Hope Tiripano is asked to go to India at least from UAE after he was dropped from the BD bound squad.

Also, we should have sent Mufudza ahead of Mushangwe - he hasn't really shown much improvements in all the matches he has got at this level.
I'd tend to agree with this. This is a pretty old A-team. Not that many up and coming prospects there. Worrying, to be honest.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

We should have maybe sent one or two senior players to provide leadership, but otherwise sent under-23s. It doesn't really matter what the result of this game is, I would rather lose but gain some exposure for our younger players.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, I wouldn't even bother with Garwe and Maruma. Nyumbu is 50-50. Him and Chakabva as seniors was good enough. But let us wait for the official touring party. May be we are in for a few more nightmarish surprises.

reverbinstinct

Post by reverbinstinct »

What about the opposition?...majority of them will be from the main national squad is it?how was it during the home series?