[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Pakistan (Only Test)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Pakistan (Only Test)

Post by maehara »

Zimbabwe v Pakistan
1-5 September 2011, Queen's Sports Club, Bulawayo

Hours of play: 10am to 5pm Zim time.

Zim Squad: Brendan Taylor (capt), Regis Chakabva, Chamu Chibhabha, Craig Ervine, Kyle Jarvis, Hamilton Masakadza, Tino Mawoyo, Chris Mpofu, Ray Price, Vusi Sibanda, Tatenda Taibu (wk), Prosper Utseya, Brian Vitori, Malcolm Waller, Greg Lamb

TheBradDevil
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Pakistan (Only Test)

Post by TheBradDevil »

Good luck to 30 yr old debutant Gregory Lamb. As we say, only 1 chance in life to score a century on debut :-)

Boundary
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Boundary »

So how bullish is everyone? I find that, after the BD visit, I am fighting hard to temper my expectations even though the Pak are better opposition. I'm quietly optimistic but even a draw would a be a good result. We have one weapon - that the opposition underestimate us - and we should try to capitalise on that. Beat Pak and there's no chance of NZ underestimating Zim, so this is the last chance of using this secret weapon. They know Vitori is good but I want him to surprise them by being better than they suspect. So, Vitori and Vusi - I'm counting on you both!

andybligz93

Post by andybligz93 »

be interesting to see how the bowlers go against a better batting lineup and if the likes of ervine an the middle order can stand up. very excited for lamb and wish him the best

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I think we need to temper our expectations as Pakistan in any form is a much stronger side than Bangladesh. I am hoping that we atleast make a game of it and compete.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

andybligz93

Post by andybligz93 »

we are a very big chance pakistan would be a major scalp for us . i feel ervine is going to make a big score this game , hope he does !

sillymid
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by sillymid »

Misbah's first series loss as captain. I do think that we are going to have five days of cricket. Pakistan have a strong batting line up if not stronger than what they had in the last test with Malik coming back in. Its only the bowling that is inexperienced slightly but Ajmal might be handful for our guys. Which regular players arent in the team except Gul and Wihab Riaz? Abdul Razzak is not a regular.

Shasha

Post by Shasha »

Make or break: Ervine shld capitalize this time around,i think Lamb is gonna kick ass today...Go Zim!!

Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Flower power »

Go Zim , fingers crossed , i hope Lamb will add steel to the middle order , and Craig Ervine has worked on his weaknesses .Grant should have been working flat out with the middle .he seems to have done well with the top order so I pray the middle order has been sorted .
i juss have a feeling we are going to make it .

lloydwinini
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by lloydwinini »

Gud luck zim! Im sure we can upset the Pakistanis. Without chigz we may need chamu 2 b the 4th seamer & all the best 2 gregg