Foreign quartet joins Mountaineers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mike

Re: Foreign quartet joins Mountaineers

Post by Mike »

However Palladino and Cross are only fringe county players.

Cross is a great one day exponent but is 26/27 and only played a handful of first class games. Kudzai Saauramba who is from Mutare is the most promising batsman-wicketkeeper in Zim and will be this coming years U19 keeper. I hope Cross does not retard his development. Also if Cross is keeping for the Mountaineers and Wessells for the Rhino's that will only leave 3 places for Zimbabwean keepers (and the Tuskers announced they were looking for an overseas keeper). 2 of these keepers will be Taibu and Chakabva. It doesn't look good for any young and aspiring keeper in Zim!
You could say that, but he hasn't had the chance to play four day cricket. Before other wicket keeper Luke Sutton arrived, Gareth Cross did a fantastic job behind the stumps and the bat for Lancashire whilst Warren Hegg was injured. Since Sutton arrived, Cross hasn't had many chances in most forms of the game and the last time he played in a 4 day game as a wicket keeper is years ago :roll: :evil: With not playing many first class games for Lancashire since it has halted his development.
He is also a goodish bowler, whilst we had a lot of injuries to bowlers one season, he was used as a part time bowler and he did manage to get some wickets :mrgreen:
But his batting is his main asset I think. He can get runs very quickly when he gets the chance and he has a great record in second team cricket for Lancashire. If Sutton wasn't here at Lancahsire then I think Cross would of being a very good wicket keeper batsman in the county circuit.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Foreign quartet joins Mountaineers

Post by sloandog »

Gareth cross played my club in a village cup game. He played for colwin bay and i've not seen anybody bowl as quick as that at club level. He was rappid. I was talking to him and apparently he's bowled 85 clicks :o