T20 World Cup 2022 | 16th Oct - 13th Nov

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo

Re: T20 World Cup 2022 | 16th Oct - 13th Nov

Post by secretzimbo »

Unfortunately the weather forecast for Melbourne looks appalling today/tomorrow so our warm-up with Namibia could be badly affected.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:42 am
Yellow kit confirmed!!!! :lol: :lol:
Not a fan at all. We need a new kit supplier. Ihsan and Vega have been short changing us.

The kit is basically the red kit we had, but the colours changed. Surely we have a Zim or African supplier that can do a better job.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Looks like rain in Hobart on Monday & Friday (Wednesday's match v the Windies should be fine)

Does anyone know if the competition has reserve days for washed out matches or will it just be points split etc ?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:57 am
Looks like rain in Hobart on Monday & Friday (Wednesday's match v the Windies should be fine)

Does anyone know if the competition has reserve days for washed out matches or will it just be points split etc ?
I always thought it was strange to have a world cup in october in aus, literally a month later and rain would be barely non existent

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

Zimco wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:14 am
jaybro wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:57 am

I always thought it was strange to have a world cup in october in aus, literally a month later and rain would be barely non existent
Tha rain for the monday game appears to be in morning so should be fine, friday game looks a bit worse although it says light rain.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Let's not worry too much about the rain, let's just hope for the best. I've seen the forecast too, Monday for Zimbabwe's match it should be absolutely fine and wednesday is fine. Friday is a long way away, things may change a lot by then.

I general I don't think we will see washouts even in other matches across groups, although we might see truncated games.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Zimco wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:14 am

The effects of climate change have seen rain occurring more regularly and there is already talk that this summer will be one of the wettest on record, so no guarantee of no rain in the later months. The other issue is obviously timetabling. Most countries would have their test series starting in November/December, and not to mention all the T20 domestic comps.

We currently have flooding in three states at the moment, so ICC really should be planning for reserve days or start thinking about how to invest in the best way to make cricket and all weather event. I know roofs can be costly, but it really needs to start being looked at.

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

It really doesnt rain much in some states from dec to feb (less than one inch per month). Play the whole thing in adelaide and perth :lol: Yeah its flooding right now

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Just saw the kits of all the teams, thanks to that captains in one frame photo. Almost all of them are so dull with no imagination I thought. There is some class in the Pakistani outfit, the rest are just very ordinary. SA kit is possibly the dullest. Zim is not bad, given all that...

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:15 pm
Just saw the kits of all the teams, thanks to that captains in one frame photo. Almost all of them are so dull with no imagination I thought. There is some class in the Pakistani outfit, the rest are just very ordinary. SA kit is possibly the dullest. Zim is not bad, given all that...
Look closely at the BD kit. There's a Bengal tiger hidden amongst Sunderban trees. Pretty cool jersey idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYq6auq5cyQ (Jaylen Brown, 2024 NBA Finals MVP)