T20 WC 2024

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tgk

Re: T20 WC 2024

Post by tgk »

I honestly wouldn't mind going through the qualifiers and removing that mental barrier that's been created after that last tournament. We need to assert our authority and the players need to get some confidence, so yes, go back and try to beat Uganda and Namibia ffs.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Donald wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:25 pm
Pity about the potential USA match being washed out. Results have gone pretty much in zimbabwe favour barring the USA surprise package.
Maybe a new zimbabwe side of Campbell and bennet may fare better in qualifiers. Augument them with raza and some newer players and I would be quietly confident.

Not that we should ever have been in that position with a sound administration but we are where we are.
Pat_bee was saying before the tournament that something will somehow go wrong to ensure Zimbabwe doesn't qualify and I kind of agreed. Now who would have thought, everything else taken care... It will be USA of all teams going into the Super 8s 😂😂

Zimbabwe and WC Qualification is like hugely jinxed!

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Did we not win a T20 qualifier in Bulawayo for the 2022 World Cup? It’s all in the mind and I think coming straight from the ODI qualifier to the T20 qualifier played on their minds.

One thing I am certain of is that the associate teams have learnt and they will fight to host any qualifier from now on so that they can prepare minefields

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:49 am
Did we not win a T20 qualifier in Bulawayo for the 2022 World Cup? It’s all in the mind and I think coming straight from the ODI qualifier to the T20 qualifier played on their minds.
Mentality. We just don't have it because or players are never trained in it. We expect that as an early test nation we can just expect to walk into sides and win.

The Aussies are so good because of their mentality. India has good players, but shit mentality. We are similar. We just don't have that mentality and whenever our players get challenged in the slightest, they throw a fit, complain to baba Mukhu and he coddles them.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:37 am
Donald wrote:
Pity about the potential USA match being washed out. Results have gone pretty much in zimbabwe favour barring the USA surprise package.
Maybe a new zimbabwe side of Campbell and bennet may fare better in qualifiers. Augument them with raza and some newer players and I would be quietly confident.

Not that we should ever have been in that position with a sound administration but we are where we are.
Pat_bee was saying before the tournament that something will somehow go wrong to ensure Zimbabwe doesn't qualify and I kind of agreed. Now who would have thought, everything else taken care... It will be USA of all teams going into the Super 8s 😂😂

That's Pat_bee for you :lol:

Pat_Bee
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Pat_Bee »

USA in the super 8 :lol:

Ya we have a poor mentality it was six months between the ODI qualifier and the t20 qualifier. Plenty of time to give your head a wobble if you’ve got anything about you.

Pat_Bee
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Pat_Bee »

Marshmallow wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:37 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:37 am
Donald wrote:

That's Pat_bee for you :lol:
:lol: :lol: I know what I’m talking about; 5% of the time! I’m kind of pleased. Automatic qualification would have been the easy way out. These boys need to overcome their mental hurdles by getting through a qualifier. It would be far more beneficial in the long run.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Hopefully Newman Nyamhuri or another quick fast bowler is in squad next year. They didn't like ngarava the Ugandans. As soon as fkin chatara came in they were double stepping down the pitch to his dibbly dobblers.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

I imagine the African qualifiers will be held in Zim which should help.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Honestly I'd love to see this same format for the 50-over CWC. The higher number of associate teams is what is making this tournament interesting and they are clearly up for the fight against the big boys.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes