T20 WC 2024

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: T20 WC 2024

Post by sam_ahm »

South Africa beating England means the patch gets tougher for West Indies. Proteas have had a fantastic World Cup so far.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

South Africa are the Collingwood Magpies of the T20 World Cup - they keep winning the close ones. If the batting and bowling all fires at the same time they must surely be up there with Australia as favourites.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Yeah but SA will inevitably choke...its in their DNA. Australia and India look favorites for me. Windies and England are dark horses. SA are second only to AUS/India in terms of talent and skills...but their mental frailties mean they are due for the choke. Especially after scrapping by Bangladesh, Nepal!!!, and Engalnd...they are due for an epic choke with accrued interest.

As for my team - Bangladesh - can't say I'm disappointed. They simply do not have the skills for T20 cricket, batting or bowling. Far more suited to ODIs obviously. Selection was spot on, and yet the best score they've mustered this tournament was 159 against lowly Netherlands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYq6auq5cyQ (Jaylen Brown, 2024 NBA Finals MVP)

tgk

Post by tgk »

Australia are under the pump here, 4 overs to go AFG definitely the favourites

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Afghans could very likely make it to the semis. Pretty awesome performs from them in 2 world cups in a row now.

eugene

Post by eugene »

Afghanistan beating Australia is a feel good story until you remember the Afghanistan Cricket Board willingly enforces the Taliban's stone age policies around women. The silence of the men's team regarding the banning of the women's team is incredibly disappointing. If South Africa could be banned for racial policies, I'm not sure why Afghanistan shouldn't be banned for gender policies.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:07 am
Afghanistan beating Australia is a feel good story until you remember the Afghanistan Cricket Board willingly enforces the Taliban's stone age policies around women. The silence of the men's team regarding the banning of the women's team is incredibly disappointing. If South Africa could be banned for racial policies, I'm not sure why Afghanistan shouldn't be banned for gender policies.
There's no rules anymore.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

eugene wrote:
Afghan men like how it is, and i suspect alot of the girls do too.

And they are not silent, they vocally oppose when teams try to support the women like the Aussie team, the players and fans ripped the Aussies apart.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Bulawayo Boy

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:49 am
eugene wrote:
Afghan men like how it is, and i suspect alot of the girls do too.

And they are not silent, they vocally oppose when teams try to support the women like the Aussie team, the players and fans ripped the Aussies apart.
Yes 100% agree. Afghanistan cannot claim foreign interference any more. The gender issue lies in the hands of Afghans.

There's a parallel with Zimbabwe. For as long as Zimbabweans allow divisive, tribalist, racist leaders to keep doing what they are doing, we will continue to have to go to the UN with a begging bowl for food aid for half the population. All the building blocks are there for a vibrant, successful economy (and cricket team) but the passive majority are as guilty as chefs.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

India just smashing Autralia to all parts here. Phenomenal hitting. Looking like getting 250 easily here.