T20 WC 2024

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: T20 WC 2024

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Bangladesh will always be a shit T20 side. They don't have the skills for it and they don't have the mindset for it either. They were lucky to have made the Super 8s.

For me the more pressing concern is returning to be a ODI powerhouse and to become competitive in Test cricket. We should probably forfeit our T20I status and let some other team have it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYq6auq5cyQ (Jaylen Brown, 2024 NBA Finals MVP)

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

eugene wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:07 am
Afghanistan beating Australia is a feel good story until you remember the Afghanistan Cricket Board willingly enforces the Taliban's stone age policies around women. The silence of the men's team regarding the banning of the women's team is incredibly disappointing. If South Africa could be banned for racial policies, I'm not sure why Afghanistan shouldn't be banned for gender policies.
I also highly doubt they follow the central contracts system 100% but whatever they are doing is working.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:33 pm
A betting man might be tempted to put a few dollars on Afghanistan going very deep in this tournament. Semi-finalists at least, possibly further....
Told you!

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

eugene wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:07 am
Afghanistan beating Australia is a feel good story until you remember the Afghanistan Cricket Board willingly enforces the Taliban's stone age policies around women. The silence of the men's team regarding the banning of the women's team is incredibly disappointing. If South Africa could be banned for racial policies, I'm not sure why Afghanistan shouldn't be banned for gender policies.
Afghanistan beating Australia is a truly feel good story. The last to patronize on different cultural values in Afghanistan are the Australians.

The whole world has been watching on Amazon Prime the detailed documentary of the crimes perpetrated in Afghanistan by the Australian troops to civilians and prisoners. Australian troops sent there by Australian government, not bundled mercenaries.
In the meantime, instead of shameful apologies, Australian government stated that they are uneasy to play against a nation whose civil values do not comply with theirs.
So: proven war criminal (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brereton_Report) patronizing another sovereign Country on civil values?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Credit where it's due, Afghanistan have deserved this SF spot.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Can we agree that Rashid Khan is an asshole? The man always gets lauded as some kind of great, but I've never once noticed him to be a nice person. Throwing his bat like a toddler.

Even last year when he went on about boycotting the BBL because Australia refused to play Afghanistan. Not a single peep when he reneged on that and played in the BBL. He's made the same threat again this year, and will probably renege again.
andrea lanzoni wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:33 am

Afghanistan beating Australia is a truly feel good story.
It really isn't. Just because Australia was involved in the war, does not make what Afghanistan is doing to their women any less evil. It's truly horrible how the women are being treated, and these men couldn't give a shit. They only care about their pay cheque.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Andrea coming across as a wife beater here.

Pat_Bee
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Pat_Bee »

Nah, it’s bollocks.

South Africa were banned for 20 years for their government sponsored inequality. Afghanistan should be the same. This isn’t something casual like quota selection policy, it’s outright discrimination and in contravention of ICC regulations saying full members should have a women’s team. They suspended us for far less.

Shadystan and Zimdesh have women's teams and they’re Islamic so that culture excuse doesn’t cut it with me.

Pat_Bee
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Pat_Bee »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:46 pm
Andrea coming across as a wife beater here.
No women in his tape ball league yo :lol:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

If democratic countries are allowed to starve and then bomb women to shreds then why stop at simply not allowing them to play cricket? Besides Afghanistan are in on merit. The quality of cricket they've played is remarkable. Almost made it to the ODI semis and now in the T20 semis and have beaten Pakistan, England, Australia, and NZ along the way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYq6auq5cyQ (Jaylen Brown, 2024 NBA Finals MVP)