Test Match Squad for Ireland

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Test Match Squad for Ireland

Post by zimfan1 »

Ervine Craig (captain), Bennett Brian, Campbell Johnathan, Chatara Tendai, Chivanga Tanaka, Gumbie Joylord, Kaia Roy, Madande Clive, Masakadza Wellington, Masvaure Prince, Muzarabani Blessing, Myers Dion, Ngarava Richard, Nyauchi Victor, Williams Sean

Marshmallow

Re: Test Match Squad for Ireland

Post by Marshmallow »

Prince masvure out of nowhere :lol: and 'Emerging team captain' Roy kaia got selected in test squad :lol: :lol:

Masvure previous scores : 2&11, 8&17, 2&67
R kaia : 19&2, 1&80, 35, 27&46

No Naqvi :roll: what's happening?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I think they mean Innocent Kaia, not Roy?

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

What's in the mind of selectors :( can't understand the selection policies of ZC🙏

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Seriously no Naqvi?

It would only make sense if they still haven't stamped his papers, meaning he won't play the 4th and 5th T20
Last edited by Mr Twig on Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:27 am
I think they mean Innocent Kaia, not Roy?
Don't think so, they mentioned debut players name in the press release.

Pat_Bee
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Pat_Bee »

What an underwhelming squad :lol: :lol:

At least these boys play Logan Cup and Ireland play nothing. Expecting a win.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Masvaure....he is not a bad player, and he's experienced and has played in the UK for at least 10 summers. But, what exactly has he done to force his way back into selection?!?! Nothing of note. Test openers however we have almost no options to partner Gumbie - the options are Innocent Kaia or Tanunurwa Makoni, the latter of whom isn't good enough. I'd have picked Innocent. But really thats the only other option.

The lack of Naqvi tells me that he probably won't be playing against India this weekend either - clearly a problem with his papers and maybe the ICC have objected to how we have parachuted him in? Clearly ineligible as it stands.

I don't understand the Roy selection at all, I'm sure we will all agree on that. However, as a middle order batsmen - maybe batting at 5 or 6 - again we don't have many options in this format. Burl ha sonly played 1 first class match in the last 2+ years so shouldn't be considered. The other options are all youngsters like Hamid, Marumani, Madhevere, Shumba, Munyonga etc- who I don't think many would be too keen on either. Our options are so limited it's worrying.

I posted about a year ago that I had heard officially that Raza had retired from test cricket but everyone called me a liar. Well, here you go. He has.

In terms of the seamers I like Nyauchi's inclusion as he can get good swing, he might do okay in those conditions.
But I would have liked to have included a Luke Jongwe or even Ernest Masuku in there. Those sorts of medium pacers can be a real handful in UK conditions and I think would have done well.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Mr Twig wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:33 am
Seriously no Naqvi?

It would only make sense if they still haven't stamped his papers, meaning he won't play the 4th and 5th T20
Another twist in the tale and ZC look daft and foolish naming him in this t20 squad before he was sorted :lol: unless he’s injured there’s no reason he wouldn’t be playing if everything is legit.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:41 am

I don't understand the Roy selection at all
Oh? Really? :lol: :lol: