[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Pakistan (Only Test)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Pakistan (Only Test)

Post by Flower power »

Good to see players from outside Harare flourishing first it was Vitorri from Masvingo and now its Mawoyo from Mutare .Hope you go on tommorow and get yo ton even the double ton

FlowerPower
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by FlowerPower »

gargamel wrote:all fair and fine Mawoyo ground out a 50 and may get a century but that was dam slow 273 balls is a lot to of balls for 82. Boring the Pakistanis to win the game not a plan.
The joys (distortions) of the days of instant gratification...l knew this T20 nonsense was no good..80* and yet they complain....
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

Flower power

Post by Flower power »

Its not juss Zim vs Pakistani its also Coca Cola (zim shirt sponsor) and Pakistan sponsored by Pepsi

Boundary

Post by Boundary »

Flower power wrote:Its not juss Zim vs Pakistani its also Coca Cola (zim shirt sponsor) and Pakistan sponsored by Pepsi
Two international beverages going head to head in Bulawayo :lol:

I'm happy with the day's play. When I left this thread we were on 111-3, and I was praying we close the day on 200-4; we've bettered that by 45 runs! I think a 350 target is realistic - we were never going to win this match by an innings. So get 350, with Mawoyo crawling his way to the glorious end (I for one am NOT complaining) and restrict Pak to within 80 runs, before setting a decent target for them to chase while battling Price all the way on Monday. But we need to take it session by sesh, let's not get carried away - Ajmal is bamboozling us.

eugene

Post by eugene »

People complaining about Mawoyo! Come on - this is test cricket and not T20. Mawoyo can bat for 5 days for all I care. As long as Mawoyo is at the crease we can't lose.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

andy24
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by andy24 »

eugene wrote:People complaining about Mawoyo! Come on - this is test cricket and not T20. Mawoyo can bat for 5 days for all I care. As long as Mawoyo is at the crease we can't lose.
second that. If it was not for him, we would not be in this great postion.

TheBradDevil
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by TheBradDevil »

Cmon guyz! Credit were its due. Do u thnk we d be in this position if Mawoyo had blitzd 80 odd Vusi style? I dnt thnk so. He deserves a ton and I pray he gets it.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Great knock, Tino, get your deserved hundred today!

andybligz93

Post by andybligz93 »

boring the pakistanis is a vital thing with the young inexperienced bowling attack they have the more they get frsutrated the more loose deliviries they will bowl.i predicted ervine to bounce back but the hard works not done yet , they did brilliant to make it to stumps with no more wickets but if we can make another 100 plus runs or even more than that gives zim a real crack at this match. would like to congradulate tino dravid mawoyo on his mind skill and pure determanation, i was the one calling for him not to play in test cricket and i simply did not rate him ... well now the jokes on me and im glad it is he has been brilliant and compliments vusi wonderfully at the top order. the batting looks more stable and safe with gregory lamb at 7 and i like the 3 pace and 2 spinners look as well as hammys little mediums. big day today and could decide the position of the match if we can have a ripper. cumon zim !

Shasha

Post by Shasha »

Tino is doing great, Pakistan is on the backfoot, and if the Tino bats till lunch the game will be on our side..Go Zim!!