Wellington Masakadza

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Wellington Masakadza

Post by Jemisi »

I'd love to see three Masakadzas in a team

AussieZimFan
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by AussieZimFan »

I'd like him to establish himself as a first class cricketer before anything else. That's of course if there continues to be first class cricket in Zimbabwe

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

It would be special to have the three Masakadza brothers all play together in an International match, a Test match would be etra special .....

Has there ever been three brothers play in a Test match together ????
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Even three brothers on the FC score sheet would be good to see

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:Has there ever been three brothers play in a Test match together ????
I can think of two cases:

Hanif, Mushtaq and Sadiq Mohammed playing together for Pakistan in a test, and the 3 Grace brothers of whom only WG is known world over, played in a test together vs Australia in 1880.

Not sure if there were any more. Kenya must have fielded the 3 Tikolos together in an ODI in 1996?

No one can beat our 3 pairs of brothers record in a test though ;) Flowers, Strangs and Rennies.

aydee

Post by aydee »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
jaybro wrote:Has there ever been three brothers play in a Test match together ????
I can think of two cases:

Hanif, Mushtaq and Sadiq Mohammed playing together for Pakistan in a test, and the 3 Grace brothers of whom only WG is known world over, played in a test together vs Australia in 1880.

Not sure if there were any more. Kenya must have fielded the 3 Tikolos together in an ODI in 1996?

No one can beat our 3 pairs of brothers record in a test though ;) Flowers, Strangs and Rennies.
David, Kennedy and Collins Obuya must have played for Kenya together, and 3 (possibly all 4!!) of Lameck Onyango, Nehemiah Odhiambo, James Ngoche and Shem Ngoche would have probably played together as well.

Kopje
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Kopje »

All the best to this young chap, he should continue working hard and aiming high. Hopefully there is a lot going on in Zim through his years to enable this.