Provisional squad for the U19 world cup

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Provisional squad for the U19 world cup

Post by tawac »

It was the wealthiest country in Africa 35 years ago :lol: :lol: , now it's almost the poorest in the world. :? :?
Zimbabwe is hardly a poor country, just bad governance.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

This site says its the second poorest country in AFRICA.
http://www.africaranking.com/top-10-poo ... -africa/5/

This one lists it as third poorest in the world;
http://www.presscave.com/top-poorest-co ... the-world/

Not bad for a country not in war, lol.

Interestingly,
Australia is the only cricket playing country in the TOP ten, coming in at 6.

Calculated as GDP per person.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

bavuma_rabada
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by bavuma_rabada »

One thing that we probably have in common Crimson is that English is neither of us' mother tongue. That "handicap" is further heightened by a stubborn refusal to allow common sense to override sentiment when scrutinizing statements and their context when made in English. Alas we soldier must on.

Your dusting the cobwebs hasn't been without incidental value though. John Ward had an interesting view on who the best batsman is
Sorry to have been out of touch for a few days, but the server became so weak that it was unusable apart from the most basic of work - and since it was the holiday weekend nobody bothered to fix it! Anyway, I don't seem to have missed any direct questions.

Overall I think Hamilton is our best batsmen, but it's a close-run thing - Tatenda, Vusi, Brendan are all very close behind, and Williams appears to be in the same category once he gets himself sorted out.

Vusi is a mystery. At the start of his career he was quite unable to build an innings, and was unwisely plunged into international cricket when still unabl to do so and with a first-class career average of about 20. Now he remains inconsistent. But when he is on song, not even Hamilton can look as classy. We cannot afford to dump talent of that magnitude - I just hope he really fulfils his potential before we have to do that.

I spoke to Tatenda at the start of the season and told him he was only scoring half the runs he should be doing, and he agreed. I challenged him to become Zimbabwe's batsman of the season and he said he would go for it - but if he does win that award (or Player of the Season) it will be largely through the failures of others, as he is still not batting up to potential. Those who know him well always praise his professionalism and how well he prepares, but he gets himself out far too often, usually (speaking from memory) to extravagant sweeps or reverse-sweeps.

Taylor is unchallenged as an opener, but even he gives his wicket away rather too often, perhaps over-ambitious in his strokes. I haven't seen much of Williams (which is perhaps a reason why he isn't in my starting line-up, though he would be my first reserve and likely to come into my team very soon - other issues permitting.

Crag Ervine doesn't have the flair of his prodigal brother, but is more of a worker - and guess which of the two has the higher career batting average in first-class cricket?!
Mighty Proteas: Sincuba, Zondo, Ramela, Bavuma, Tsolekile(c), Mosehle(wk), Gqamane, Rabada, Phehlukwayo, Phangiso, Tsotsobe (Coach: Toyana)

bavuma_rabada

Post by bavuma_rabada »

tawac wrote:Zimbabwe is hardly a poor country, just bad governance.
There are many countries that are being governed far worse than Zimbabwe in my opinion, and they are doing better.

Logic dictates that this is a man-made disaster yes, but the problem is that people ascribe that blame to the wrong man (Mugabe) or group (ZANU). Those who collapsed Zimbabwe are Bush+Blair, and the Republicans+Labour. They then got other stooges to follow suit.

http://www.ratical.org/co-globalize/Cyn ... 11205a.htm

http://maravi.blogspot.co.za/2010/04/st ... lapse.html

Zanu in its ranks has a lot of educated and competent people with genuine qualifications. No matter how hard they may have tried under normal circumstance it would never have been possible for them to mess up Z.mbabwe the way it's messed up right now.

Many countries and governments deserve blanket sanctions, targeted&individual sanctions than Zimbabwe. That is not being done because whites didn't make up a fraction of the victims duirng land grabs.

There is no single country in the world that would survive under such even Smith and the Apartheid bastards gave up when then they started to feel the pinch before everything collapsed - Mugabe is stubborn and won't give up. Deny South Africa or Brazil finance and it will be worse than Zimbabwe within 12 months or even less.
Mighty Proteas: Sincuba, Zondo, Ramela, Bavuma, Tsolekile(c), Mosehle(wk), Gqamane, Rabada, Phehlukwayo, Phangiso, Tsotsobe (Coach: Toyana)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

bavuma_rabada wrote:One thing that we probably have in common Crimson is that English is neither of us' mother tongue. That "handicap" is further heightened by a stubborn refusal to allow common sense to override sentiment when scrutinizing statements and their context when made in English. Alas we soldier must on.

Your dusting the cobwebs hasn't been without incidental value though. John Ward had an interesting view on who the best batsman is
Sorry to have been out of touch for a few days, but the server became so weak that it was unusable apart from the most basic of work - and since it was the holiday weekend nobody bothered to fix it! Anyway, I don't seem to have missed any direct questions.

Overall I think Hamilton is our best batsmen, but it's a close-run thing - Tatenda, Vusi, Brendan are all very close behind, and Williams appears to be in the same category once he gets himself sorted out.

Vusi is a mystery. At the start of his career he was quite unable to build an innings, and was unwisely plunged into international cricket when still unabl to do so and with a first-class career average of about 20. Now he remains inconsistent. But when he is on song, not even Hamilton can look as classy. We cannot afford to dump talent of that magnitude - I just hope he really fulfils his potential before we have to do that.

I spoke to Tatenda at the start of the season and told him he was only scoring half the runs he should be doing, and he agreed. I challenged him to become Zimbabwe's batsman of the season and he said he would go for it - but if he does win that award (or Player of the Season) it will be largely through the failures of others, as he is still not batting up to potential. Those who know him well always praise his professionalism and how well he prepares, but he gets himself out far too often, usually (speaking from memory) to extravagant sweeps or reverse-sweeps.

Taylor is unchallenged as an opener, but even he gives his wicket away rather too often, perhaps over-ambitious in his strokes. I haven't seen much of Williams (which is perhaps a reason why he isn't in my starting line-up, though he would be my first reserve and likely to come into my team very soon - other issues permitting.

Crag Ervine doesn't have the flair of his prodigal brother, but is more of a worker - and guess which of the two has the higher career batting average in first-class cricket?!

Ahh a batting lineup with Tibby and BRMT in it, not even sure how we'd fit them all in ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

bavuma_rabada wrote:
tawac wrote:Zimbabwe is hardly a poor country, just bad governance.
There are many countries that are being governed far worse than Zimbabwe in my opinion, and they are doing better.

Logic dictates that this is a man-made disaster yes, but the problem is that people ascribe that blame to the wrong man (Mugabe) or group (ZANU). Those who collapsed Zimbabwe are Bush+Blair, and the Republicans+Labour. They then got other stooges to follow suit.

http://www.ratical.org/co-globalize/Cyn ... 11205a.htm

http://maravi.blogspot.co.za/2010/04/st ... lapse.html

Zanu in its ranks has a lot of educated and competent people with genuine qualifications. No matter how hard they may have tried under normal circumstance it would never have been possible for them to mess up Z.mbabwe the way it's messed up right now.

Many countries and governments deserve blanket sanctions, targeted&individual sanctions than Zimbabwe. That is not being done because whites didn't make up a fraction of the victims duirng land grabs.

There is no single country in the world that would survive under such even Smith and the Apartheid bastards gave up when then they started to feel the pinch before everything collapsed - Mugabe is stubborn and won't give up. Deny South Africa or Brazil finance and it will be worse than Zimbabwe within 12 months or even less.

I kind of gather lately You like Robert now?
You hated him two years ago because of Gukurahundi.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

those who collapsed Zimbabwe are Bush+Blair
:o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: You didn't!!!
You did! Oh my, won't be long before Ingutsheni come looking for you-perhaps that explains your sabbaticals? Hard to type in a straight jacket.

bavuma_rabada

Post by bavuma_rabada »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:I kind of gather lately You like Robert now?
You hated him two years ago because of Gukurahundi.
Really?

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

He doesnt see the truth in absolutely anything...

All he sees is white is bad

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Question for googly...

Has there been any effort to make overtures to Byrom/Welch/Curtis to play in this tournament?

Sorry if this has been answered, I can't be arsed to read through HHM's nonsense, or whatever nomme de plume he has adopted these days.