BREAKING: Finally! Chigumbura resigns as skipper

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: BREAKING: Finally! Chigumbura resigns as skipper

Post by Jemisi »

The only automatic selections for me are Hami, Williams, Cremer in all forms.

A case can be made for all of them, Hami safe for now and black,

Williams with the potential to be inventive,

Cremer probably the most shrewd in the longer term.

Tom91
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Tom91 »

Hhm opinion on cricinfo "Raza has been in pathetic form for months. How can anyone logically even suggest him for captaincy? That's equivalent to suggesting Faf or Duminy as Test captain for the Poteas. Raza must be dropped not elevated to captaincy. His bowling is surplus to requirements considering the resence of Chisoro, Wellington and the one who loves to hide - Cremer." Nice dig at Cremer at the end :lol: For me I'd be happy with either raza of willow. Wouldn't mind Hami aswell but I also feel he doesn't want the job.

zimbofan88

Post by zimbofan88 »

Cremer for t-20, Hami for tests and Williams for ODI.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimbofan88 wrote:Cremer for t-20, Hami for tests and Williams for ODI.

I'd rather the same captain for t20 and ODI's at least. Since we don't play many tests I don't see the point in having a different captain there either ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

The best captain may not necessarily be the best player.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYq6auq5cyQ (Jaylen Brown, 2024 NBA Finals MVP)

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

jaybro wrote: What's everyone think about Cremer ??
Here is one player who can easily fit in all formats. I guess it will be an inspired choice indeed. Hami doesn't seem to really want the job. Raza has certainly been out of sorts of late much like Chigumbura. Cremer could be our guy.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Unless Masakadza is actually putting himself forward for the captaincy I would give it to Raza, Masakadza has a lot on his shoulders as the senior and best batsman Zim have so I would prefer to see the captaincy pressures to be put elsewhere

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

I must confess I don't know enough of Cremer to form an opinion either way. As a bowler he has certainly matured a lot, and as a leg-spinner he should have an idea as to the tactical side of things. Has he captained before? What qualities do the guys who fancy him as captain or know him better see in him? Genuine question.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Train Driver wrote:Unless Masakadza is actually putting himself forward for the captaincy I would give it to Raza, Masakadza has a lot on his shoulders as the senior and best batsman Zim have so I would prefer to see the captaincy pressures to be put elsewhere
+1.
foreignfield wrote:I must confess I don't know enough of Cremer to form an opinion either way. As a bowler he has certainly matured a lot, and as a leg-spinner he should have an idea as to the tactical side of things. Has he captained before? What qualities do the guys who fancy him as captain or know him better see in him? Genuine question.
+1 for this too. Would be great if someone can shed light on Cremer the person. We don't get to know much about his persona on the field.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

all the Newspapers are suggesting that Masakadza will take over. As much as I am a big fan of Raza, I think now is not the right time for him because he is terribly out of form. The added pressure could break him. My suggestion would be Williams and Masakadza share the 3 formats.