[U19 World Cup] Zimbabwe vs Windies

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [U19 World Cup] Zimbabwe vs Windies

Post by Googly »

They have to change this law. All you need to do is insist that the batsman is warned once the first time, that's all. That motherfuxker started his run up with the intention of running him out. I blame Conant.

aydee

Post by aydee »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
CaM-vYPWcAAjRoW.jpg
Not even going into the spirit nonsense. The guy was inside, and wasn't taking undue advantage. Third umpire could have avoided all the shananigans by ruling it not out. But what do you know? Its an Englishman officiating...
Nah, it was the "correct" decision. Hideous way to lose. Law needs to change. I hope Mangongo punches someone.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I am gutted. That is such bullshit!! I'm so angry I would jump up and give Bishop a clap.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:They have to change this law. All you need to do is insist that the batsman is warned once the first time, that's all. That motherfuxker started his run up with the intention of running him out. I blame Conant.
Even if warned its a cheap way to pick up a wicket, much less the final wicket in the final over of a game. The rule book needs to abolish Mankading.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYq6auq5cyQ (Jaylen Brown, 2024 NBA Finals MVP)

aydee

Post by aydee »

Googly wrote:They have to change this law. All you need to do is insist that the batsman is warned once the first time, that's all. That motherfuxker started his run up with the intention of running him out. I blame Conant.
Precisely. Stops non-strikers cheating (which Ngarava wasn't), and prevents this sort of scene from happening unless the batsman is stupid enough to do it twice, in which case he probably deserves to be out...

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

The skipper clearly insisted this as the plan before the over began. He was not even considering a possibility of the Zimbabwean batsmen having enough integrity to not pinch a single. The whole thing was planned and he went around the ground celebrating his "plan" worked?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I put good money that Ian Bishop would be disgusted if Chris Gayle was run out like that in the t20 world cup final with 3 runs to get

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

No respect left for Bishop too. Look at what Stephen Fleming, Darren Lehmann etc. are saying on Twitter. Looks like the whole world is rallying behind Zim.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Also the bowler should have to be into his delivery and his bowling arm should be above his head just prior to release, in my opinion.

totoro
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by totoro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
CaM-vYPWcAAjRoW.jpg
Not even going into the spirit nonsense. The guy was inside, and wasn't taking undue advantage. Third umpire could have avoided all the shananigans by ruling it not out. But what do you know? Its an Englishman officiating...
http://www.icc-cricket.com/u19-world-cu ... t-wi-v-zim

I don't see enough evidence to give him out...