Who is the favorite All rounder of Zimbabwe for all time?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Who is the favorite All rounder of Zimbabwe for all time

Post by eugene »

Here is my lineup:

Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Whittall for me was my favourite player before Hami.

But I think in pure stats Streak probably has to be considered our best

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

How good was Craig Ervine . Little has been said about him i just want to know how guys rate him. I did not see much but from articles he was the real deal allrounder.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

eugene

Post by eugene »

gargamel wrote:How good was Craig Ervine . Little has been said about him i just want to know how guys rate him. I did not see much but from articles he was the real deal allrounder.
You mean Sean? If so, Sean really started coming of age during the tour to Australia where he struck his maiden ODI century. Unfortunately the rebel-saga happened soon after.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

eugene wrote:Here is my lineup:

Expected nothing less

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

gargamel wrote:How good was Craig Ervine . Little has been said about him i just want to know how guys rate him. I did not see much but from articles he was the real deal allrounder.
You mean Craig Evans? Of course, I can never forget his and Paul Strang's heroics in the rain extended ODI win against India. The picture where Strang is riding Evans after the victory is unorgettable. He was a hard hitter and part time spinner.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

Googly

Post by Googly »

He was a seamer. His lack of consistency with the bat puzzled all of us because he was supremely talented. He was susceptible to short and quick.

Googly

Post by Googly »

He made some guy's list of most unfit players which really made me laugh.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HSt3oQN-CN0

Googly

Post by Googly »

It was very sad that he missed the T20 era. There have been very few people in the game with a better eye and who hit it cleaner and further than Moggie Evans. I believe he would have had a big career.

eugene

Post by eugene »

Evans would have been a liability in the field in T20 cricket. Actually this leads to another "name your XI" discussion. What players of yesteryear would have been best suited to T20 cricket? Curran, Fletcher, etc?