Provisional squad for the U19 world cup

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Provisional squad for the U19 world cup

Post by jimmylesaint »

There is an overconcentration of non-indegenous folk in this selection.
:D :lol: :lol: :D This is really pathetic.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I think it's a good thing. It's been successfully implemented here and the results are there for all to see, from sponsorship to numbers of spectators, to school cricket, to number of players at all levels and to overall ability. They're doing the same in SA and I'm looking forward to that as well. It will hasten the day when people will stop apologising and say enough is enough, you've had 30-50 years of the playing field being totally skewed and you have fucked it up royally and cease forthwith.

celsito

Post by celsito »

What is about ED Byrom and Nick Welch they are promising young talented Zimbabwean . Can someone explain me why they are not there in the U 19 training side

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

celsito wrote:What is about ED Byrom and Nick Welch they are promising young talented Zimbabwean . Can someone explain me why they are not there in the U 19 training side

Probably in the England team ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

It always amazes me that myvulva-rubharder is so worried about a white community in Zimbabwe that must number only 20-30,000. Are you really that useless that such a small community can still pose a threat?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

That comment from mboriaka_kudududu clearly indicates a chip on her shoulder bigger than the grand canyon. Of course there won't be an apology as she suffers from a serious inferiority complex already.
I guess Zim will be a successful African indigenous team just like......... hmmmm well perhaps Zim will buck history and be the first successful African indigenous team.

I heard reports last year that the U19 squad that went to Cubs week was poor, lost all their games and some fielders couldn't even throw from the boundary to the wicket, they had to bridge!!
Whoever picked last years team should not be in selection panel ever again.

bavuma_rabada
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by bavuma_rabada »

The problem with some characters here is that their guns are always loaded and permanently off, with little to no processing done before pulling the trigger.

Only two things were serious in that post - what are those players' roles and Keith Jaure's strange exclusion. Not for the first time your concerns were non-cricket related.

I think the comment from gargamel was innocent, but only Kriterion would understand what it meant based on his other post elsewhere.

As for the rest it will clearly take a much bigger effort in order to draw the intended conclusions, so take your time next time.
Mighty Proteas: Sincuba, Zondo, Ramela, Bavuma, Tsolekile(c), Mosehle(wk), Gqamane, Rabada, Phehlukwayo, Phangiso, Tsotsobe (Coach: Toyana)

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

The issue i have with my black brothers in Zimbabwe is that every time there is a threat to jobs or come election time they use this whole Black Cricket Nation jazz to rally support and to my great annoyance is that they get their way and after that the leaders secure their jobs and they continue to destroy progressive growth of cricket in the nation.

As for Jaure ill be honest the boy is a talented all rounder but he is lazy and lacks BMT. And besides 50% of the tim JAZA is injured with some back injury and cant rely on him to play,I invited him so many times to play for Rainbow but he didnt show up to a game after registering him and putting him in my 2nd 11 to see how he goes. Not worth so many words yet he needs to prove me wrong.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

Googly

Post by Googly »

He used to be one of ZC's golden boys, alongside Chiradza, but went off the boil a couple of years ago. He was a genuinely talented all rounder but he's let his batting go completely and now prefers to be a tail ender, it's really quite bizarre. He's a seriously talented bowler though, left arm seam of real quality when he's bending his back. Even with his bowling he tried to switch to spin as it appeared to be less effort, but rightfully told he'd not make the age group sides if he didn't bowl fast. The problem is he thinks two fast overs is all that is required of him. He's a very talented musician and plays piano by ear. He has an older brother who was also a decent cricketer, who was given a number of opportunities but his poor attitude left a poor taste in a few people's mouths that tried to help him.

Chiradza is another good cricketer, ZC put him in touring sides that he was too young for (not good enough) and that he was too old for as well (typical cheats) and he's had all the opportunities. He has also let his batting go a bit which is unfortunate as he was looking like a bright prospect. It could be retrieved if he put in the hard yards, he bats with a beautiful straight bat and hits everything in the V, with a nice simple repetitive technique. He's a military medium seamer, but bowls very well.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Just as i expected a poor attempt at playing the "i'm just joking card" and no apology.
Further even more "cricket related" pictures posted...not.

Surely there is a way i can block individual posts Admin- i fear there is nothing to learn from the childishness of bumrusher_forever wonder if you are on the board??????
Much appreciated- time for some rugby