Tri Nation Series 2017 in Bangladesh

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Tri Nation Series 2017 in Bangladesh

Post by sloandog »

Madziva and Jongwe have done sweet cock all, so their selection isn't based on merit.
Williams in those conditions would be one of our best batters as he is tailor made to face the spinners.
Jarvis (who is our best fast bowler) should also be there...

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:48 pm
strikerlube wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:11 pm
Agreed probably can't ignore Zhuwao, admittedly I don't know too much about his past. Boys I still struggle with the idea of giving Moor the gloves. Sorry but that Lanka tour nearly killed me. Chaks wasn't at his best either but the bloke is a good keeper and we need to stick with him. Can bat like a tank too when he uses his head.

They can probably both be in the same team.

Overall very excited for this series, definitely winnable, beating Lanka at home is no easy feat and who was the first team to chase 300 on the little island in history ;)

I feel like good contests will occur!
You can’t have Regis any near and ODI or t20 side
BT needs to keep in ODIs and T20s full stop. He's earning enough to do two jobs :D

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

With less than 3 months to the qualifiers we really need a settled team otherwise we are not going to the world cup. It will be good to have Madziva, Zhuwao, Mutombodzi, Wasakadza laying a claim to the limited spots. Having Taylor keep will open up a spot just don't see Chakabva making the ODI side. It would have been interesting if the Pro50 games had gone on to see what kind of form these players are in. Waller could have easy come back in the picture. As sloandog points out Williams will be handy in subcontinent.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

pariah

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:25 am
Madziva and Jongwe have done sweet cock all, so their selection isn't based on merit.
Williams in those conditions would be one of our best batters as he is tailor made to face the spinners.
It's a Tri-Series not a dead-rubber slugfest. Williams will be irrelevant until when the situation is hopeless! #FACT

Have your Jarvis. You'll inevitably regret it. How on earth you can punt Jarvis who has barely bowled in ListA/Twenty20 ahead of Madziva/Jongwe(whose merit you question) makes absolutely no sense!!!

pariah

Post by pariah »

tawac wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:08 am
As sloandog points out Williams will be handy in subcontinent.
A/A

pariah

Post by pariah »

Conant wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:37 am
BT needs to keep in ODIs and T20s full stop. He's earning enough to do two jobs :D
In fact, he should open the batting, keep and captain! :D

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

Jongwe seems to be really struggling recently, a shame because he has plenty of talent. I wonder if some of his past off field problems have came back.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

pariah wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:16 am
sloandog wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:25 am
It's a Tri-Series not a dead-rubber slugfest. Williams will be irrelevant until when the situation is hopeless! #FACT

Have your Jarvis. You'll inevitably regret it. How on earth you can punt Jarvis who has barely bowled in ListA/Twenty20 ahead of Madziva/Jongwe(whose merit you question) makes absolutely no sense!!!
Sean Williams averages nearly 32 in ODI Cricket after 111 games, with 26 half centuries and a century under his belt. He is arguably one of our best batsmen, and probably is our best ODI cricketer. #fact? More like #myopinionoutweighsanyfactsevenifitcontradictslogic...

I will have Jarvis, thanks. He's our best bowler, why wouldn't I want him in the side. And surely you would want him in and get ZC's money's worth, since you've been almost crying about the money the bosses have spent on getting both him and Taylor back. If you don't have him in your side then stop moaning, as you clearly aren't willing to get that moneys worth.

Jarvis 55 List A games 45 T20 games (Proven performer in County Cricket for Lancashire in the years he was away)
Madziva 44 List A games 23 T20 games (Very talented and highly rated, but has done nothing to warrant selection recently)
Jongwe 45 List A games 17 T20 games (Same as above, has done nothing to warrant selection)

I question their merit because they haven't achieved it! Neither have set the scene alight.
Sean Williams is a proven success with the bat and is our best player of spin. Weather you like that or not toad, that is a #FACT!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

fairly sure this will be the squad

Mire
Hami
Ervine
BT
Williams
Raza
Waller
Cremer
Chisoro
KJ
Chatara
Mpofu
Burl
Musakanda
Tiripano
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Madziva, is a hopeless bowler. I’ve watched him live so many times...just not International standard...So slow and batsman just stroke him with ease. Jongwe has massive ability, but has the mental capacity and restraint of a toddler.