4th T20I | Zimbabwe vs India | July 13, 2024

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: 4th T20I | Zimbabwe vs India | July 13, 2024

Post by TapsC2 »

He qualifies. It gives 3 options. Residency is one of them. Citizenship is another. Put it this way if he married a Zimbabwean they would have said a passport is enough. Citizenship by investment or sports excellence citizenship is just the same as citizenship by marriage. The same way the ICC does not allow government intervention is the same way they can’t question a home affairs decision

I guess it’s an issue of the precedent it will set but at the same time then we can lodge a complaint to the ICC and say Muyeye got his refugee status dubiously. It works both ways. You can’t always pick on the small countries to scrutinize. It’s completely unfair. Just like how we were the only ones who were completely banned and had to follow the rules to the letter to get back in

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The ECB can identify a talent that ticks their diversity rules and make sure everything is ok but we can’t? Before people say that Muyeye will play for years there before he gets called up my point is that we lost a talent directly by them giving him an option to stay there when he really doesn’t qualify to stay there. Had he not had that option to stay there chances are he would be playing for us. We were directly affected

Pat_Bee
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Pat_Bee »

Tawanda will be the Wez of England and picked for the next 15 years irrespective of his stats.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If he hasn't been in the country 183 days of each of his last 2 years of the 3 year qualification period he doesn't qualify under clause 3. That's ICC rules which are less flexible than the Zim ones.
He may well have, I'm just thinking that's the problem. Even if he's one or two days out they would probably refuse.
Zim want him to play so it's an ICC issue and it's the only obvious one. It could of course be that he's submitted his papers to them and there's a review committee that hasn't convened yet.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:13 pm
Tawanda will be the Wez of England and picked for the next 15 years irrespective of his stats.
He had a good score in a losing cause a couple of days ago. I watched the innings. He played well. He's grown! He's a good player and ya they're desperate for him to keep doing well.

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:50 pm
He qualifies. It gives 3 options. Residency is one of them. Citizenship is another. Put it this way if he married a Zimbabwean they would have said a passport is enough. Citizenship by investment or sports excellence citizenship is just the same as citizenship by marriage. The same way the ICC does not allow government intervention is the same way they can’t question a home affairs decision

I guess it’s an issue of the precedent it will set but at the same time then we can lodge a complaint to the ICC and say Muyeye got his refugee status dubiously. It works both ways. You can’t always pick on the small countries to scrutinize. It’s completely unfair. Just like how we were the only ones who were completely banned and had to follow the rules to the letter to get back in
Would ZC stoop to mentioning Muyeye? He might have to pull a Julian Assange and seek refuge in an Embassy to avoid repatriation :lol:
I know ICC is not Home Office, but HO is ruthless, if u are one day over you start again from that day you messed up.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:15 pm
Pat_Bee wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:13 pm
He had a good score in a losing cause a couple of days ago. I watched the innings. He played well. He's grown! He's a good player and ya they're desperate for him to keep doing well.
He’s been a bit hit and miss from what I’ve seen this season. I’ve noticed they’ve dropped him down the order recently for a few games. He’s got a paid gig at Oval Invincibles too this season off the back of his wild card gig last season.

I should watch the Kent blast streams, I prefer the later games though. That half hour makes all the difference :lol:

Would be the jackpot if we could lure him back from under their noses.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

I don’t know. Tawanda can sort of legit claim to be a refugee and have zanu after him, like what was knackers running from that he had to seek refuge here of all places when he has a million other passports :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

I always get super annoyed when people fudge rules or get red carpet treatment.
He's done nothing to deserve a 100 gig other than ticking a diversity box.
He's potentially good enough to eventually take advantage of his opportunities. They'll give him a Lions gig fairly soon. That'll lock him in.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Just been reading up on him and it says he grew up playing tape ball :lol: :lol: maybe lanzoni is onto something.

Ya they’ve fudged a few things for him. They haven’t been silly enough to name him in a squad and try to pull the wool over the ICC’s eyes however.