ICC Men's T20 World Cup Africa Sub-regional Qualifier

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: ICC Men's T20 World Cup Africa Sub-regional Qualifier

Post by zimbos_05 »

Just read Mutendera's interview about selection. Someone with that much vitriol should not be in charge of selection. What accountability does he have for his all failures?

I also remember his career. He was not as amazing as he thinks he was. Black players got into the team, but back then, it was hard to get in the team. Even some white players found it tough to get in and stay in. Olonga, Hondo, Mbangwa are proof that you could get in and stay there. There was plenty of talent coming through that was getting into the team. Certain elements just don't like to do hard work or earn things. It must be handed to them.

Mutendera has a chip on his shoulder like many in ZC and they refuse to let it go. They would rather run ZC into the ground than see it succeed under a non-black man. Absolute thugs. The fact we are in the B qualifier should be a massive sign of how far we have fallen. We need serious change.

On a side note, that Ultras page does a better job of putting up information and news than the actual ZC feeds.

Pat_Bee
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Pat_Bee »

The official ZC pages censor stuff and ban guys if they get too mouthy :lol: facts

Donald

Post by Donald »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:31 am
The official ZC pages censor stuff and ban guys if they get too mouthy :lol: facts
Typical banana republic stuff that 😅😅

Pat_Bee
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Pat_Bee »

The whole thing is. Old Mufti Menk telling Raza to pick his buddies Faraz and Knackers. That’s more biased than any takashinga based shenanigans.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well Antum should be there because if he's going to qualify at some point he needs the exposure.
It's such a dodgy system they could just have easily picked him as an overseas though.
What didn't make sense was batting him at 9 or wherever it was. I would have thought they would have had more pull than that.
He's a better player than practically all of the Zim guys that got opportunities to bat. I was confused about that. I think he was in Raza's team as well.
I see they've announced dates for next year's T10. Clearly they made some money.

Donald

Post by Donald »

When does Antum qualify. Some have said early next year potentially. He would go straight into the main 20/20 qualifier against Uganda and namibia for me.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well we don't really know how he plays T20, but that's never stopped these selectors making really obscure picks. They are convinced that if you can play one format then you're good at all of them.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2024 11:19 am
When does Antum qualify. Some have said early next year potentially. He would go straight into the main 20/20 qualifier against Uganda and namibia for me.
Just to be clear, again: If he is following the official ICC eligibility rules to the book, then he is still some time away. He first came to Zim in January 2023. If he had been in the country permanently since then, then he qualifies in January 2026 on residency. However, he has spent significant amounts of time outside of Zimbabwe and I doubt he fills the criteria for 'resident' and 'permanent home', especially for his first year. He could be ineligible until 2027in theory.

However we obviously know ZC or whatever authority have somehow gifted him a passport and he was selected for the India series. ICC intervened and blocked him.

Whether they relent at some point is anyones guess. The ICC are as corrupt as ZC so it's quite possible.

Andy31
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Andy31 »

Are we going to play any warm up matches?
Normally you can find something on the zim app.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

All matches will be shown on ICC TV.