Provisional squad for the U19 world cup

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
bavuma_rabada
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Provisional squad for the U19 world cup

Post by bavuma_rabada »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:Also if ZC were really smart instead of shaftińg the white guys, why wouldn't you exploit their talents and success on the field and make money of the back of their success?
Name one single white player who has been shafted?

Goodwin's wife pulled him by the nose.

Andy Flower, already had a job lined up and decided to do his farmer buddy a favour before he left.

Pompous Neil Johnson was overrated and felt he was too good to fight for a place with average farmers as he was certain to be dropped.

Streak sulked but returned eventually.

The other average white players who were in the team, and have statistically pathetic records to this day were misled by their lawyer.

Taylor & Jarvis got offers and took them.

Blignaut, Barney Rogers & Duffin did what James Cameron did overseas - got a job outside cricket.

No one cares what happened to Piet Rinke & Greg Strydom.

Price retired.

Again, who got shunted?
Mighty Proteas: Sincuba, Zondo, Ramela, Bavuma, Tsolekile(c), Mosehle(wk), Gqamane, Rabada, Phehlukwayo, Phangiso, Tsotsobe (Coach: Toyana)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

bavuma_rabada wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:Dont forget its been the indigenous folks who have run ZC into the ground and chased away all the top players.
Robert Mugabe has been in charge of ZImbabwe since 1980, and Peter Chingoka in charge of cricket since 1992, same year they got Test status. No one chased anyone away, they chased themseves away. Get your facts straight next time. ;)
OK, so ask yourself this:

What makes Zimbabwe so special that ONLY in ZIM do ALL the top players "chase themselves" away? You don't see that happening with Pakistan or West Indies or Sri Lanka...so why only ZIM?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYq6auq5cyQ (Jaylen Brown, 2024 NBA Finals MVP)

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Again, who got shunted?
That'll be the ones that you never heard of because they new they had no chance with the quota policies. The likes of the 4 youngsters Welch et al who left. Why- they don't want to be part of a system that wasn't paying it's players- that actively refused to have more than 4whiteys in the team.
Zimdoggy is quite right, if ZC were smart they'd have 7-8 white guys in the team and make an extra 20-30 million spondoolas.
Meth
Querl
Jarvis
Taylor
Burl
Welch
Williams
Cremer
Irvine
Irvine
Coventry
Plus some U19's, to name a few.
go back to Zim and fix things
see you know it's been broken :D - probably broken from those nasty apartheid days even 35years on. This quote cracks me up :lol:
in my view still has the potential to be the wealthiest country in Africa
It was the wealthiest country in Africa 35 years ago :lol: :lol: , now it's almost the poorest in the world. :? :?
100 years to reverse the effects of the evil apartheid regime.
what do you mean "reverse" ? Return to scrubland,destroy all apartheid infrastructure,cows as currency and mud huts with a Tyrant in charge that y'all have to kiss ass too?
Here's a serious question to you Moveover_rambada. Is SA better off with the apartheid government of 1990's or your new masters the Chinese?
You do realise SA is being economically raped by them. Some even suggest the farm murders are being done by the gov at the behest of the chinese who are then buying up vast agricultural farming lands.(some may even suggest that the mining sector is being targeted for an easy buy out)
Either way the theft and corruption in SA is beyond anyones imagination and by the 35yr mark of independence they/you will be swimming in the eddies where Zim was.
In fact as i predict Pakistan will get a whipping from Zim i'll also predict SA will turn into a Somalia and end up being run by Somalian type warlords, good luck.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Are you related to the Staddons? Are you Bradley Staddon?
Yes and no. Or no and yes.
No one chased anyone away, they chased themseves away
. In your immortal illogicalness. Where's the evidence no one chased them away? Stop writing hearsay all the time.
Evidence for them being chased away is not needed because they are away, so where's your evidence??? :W:

I guess the problem is because like me you're black, ergo you don't appreciate or understand the struggles of the minority whites in an openly oppressive system within ZC and politically as stated by our Excellency many times, he does not want to see white faces. The Murungu struggle is 10 times as hard as the chimurenga because they are outnumbered 200-1.
I like the underdogs for equality.
Sayanora.

bavuma_rabada
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by bavuma_rabada »

Kriterion_BD wrote:ask yourself this:

What makes Zimbabwe so special that ONLY in ZIM do ALL the top players "chase themselves" away? You don't see that happening with Pakistan or West Indies or Sri Lanka...so why only ZIM?
None of the top players left. They are still there.

Zimbabwe's best keeper batsman had a "calling" and left cricket to answer it. I am still to hear any reports of episodes of him waking up hungover in a stranger's car.

Zimbabwe's best seamer broke his leg and is in crutches at the moment.

The best spinner was called for chucking and miraculously he remans as decent as the other seamers.

The best batsman sent to Derbyshire(?) at just 15 years of age - much much younger than the names regulalrly thrown around here - with an English future firmly ahead of him.

Taylor was useless in Bangladesh, and only managed to help Zimbabwe scrape past the only team they were going to beat at the CWC.

Young Regis Chakabva signalled his intent to be zimbabwe's best Test batsman next to Hamilton Masakadza, and country's best Test keeper-batsman since Taibu.

Stop exaggerating and enjoy the excellent Zimbabwe players that are there or stick to Bangladesh.
Mighty Proteas: Sincuba, Zondo, Ramela, Bavuma, Tsolekile(c), Mosehle(wk), Gqamane, Rabada, Phehlukwayo, Phangiso, Tsotsobe (Coach: Toyana)

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Zimbabwe's best keeper batsman had a "calling" and left cricket to answer it.
After he was involved in a fighting match with Esther Lupepe as AGAIN he wasn't paid.
Don't worry Kriterion you have a much wider knowledge than ZCFOutkast_kaduma, even more about Zim than he has, much more in fact.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

All these excellent players which you are calling to be dropped :D :D :D
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Like Jimmy said a week ago,
Even if the qouta system has been truly ditched, there is a perception with the white community (and a fair chuck of the black community if facebook is an indicator) that whites ARE getting shafted.

Thats up to ZC to mend those bridges and reassure them they have a place in the team.

All jokes aside, remember these are 25,000 people in a country of 9-12 million who are scared for their wellbeing and prospects in Zim, but stick by the nation anyway.
Let them have their cricket, if nothing else.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

bavuma_rabada wrote:I addressed my background a long time ago. I have no maternal or partenal links to Zim really.
And this says otherwise: http://zimcricketforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 830#p25830
hhm wrote:As I've disclosed it before, I am a Bulawayo boy and my profile clearly indicates my support for the Tuskers.
Folks, do not engage...

tawac

Post by tawac »

I wonder if there is any player who deserves a spot on the current team that's being shafted. ZC even sticks it out with woeful Waller or is he there to make up for this perceived quota system.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'