Antum navqi and passport

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Antum navqi and passport

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:27 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:09 pm
To be honest I would take him. That is just my personal view though, purely because I want Zimbabwe to do well and I think he will strengthen the side.
He probably will strengthen the side. But then again there are literally of hundreds of cricketers around the world who would improve the side and would love an international career, but probably lack one of either;
a) the temerity to pop up in a random third world country seemingly plucked out of a hat and claim to be a patriot
b) the ability to spend many many many many tens of thousands of dollars paying off the corrupt passport office of said country

Good luck to him, I hope he does well.
Yup! I do understand SZ. It is definitely not fair.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I'm still not sure how a triple hundred in red ball gets you selected for T20. He can play T20, we've seen him.
I see Makoni has given him a welcoming speech.
Will he get some dancing girls and drummers when he arrives at the airport? A cash cow has arrived.

Absolutely no prep for this T20 series. No team selection, no practice yet, unless 2 net sessions before a series is the norm.
The Salmon is designed to swim upstream, but then he dies. Team selection will be done over a couple of bottles of Johnny Walker Green Label and Cream Soda courtesy of the Knacker Yard or The Batonka Fund.
All they had to do was have the NPL T20 season (only takes 4 days :lol: ) before the 50 over stuff to give everyone some practice and see if anyone could put their hand up for the opening slot. You have to be a staunch supporter not to lose heart. But they're building for 2027 so this series is not important. When we get to 2027 we'll be building for 2031 so that won't be important either.

We're going to watch 5th generation Zimbabwean Indians who couldnt point to India on a map, turning out in their Indian shirts cheering wildly for their team. I've always felt its a wonderful opportunity to round them up, collect unpaid taxes and send them back to their roots.

I'm not having a bad day, it's just an embarrassing joke how they go about this, they don't have the skills or the desire to fix our cricket.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Pretty much the case with ZC, zero preps and even if they are playing, they play the wrong format.

I don't see things as very gloomy though. A new coaching staff and a conscious effort to blood in some good youngsters, so in a way they are making some moves. Only time will tell if these are the right ones.

With Naqvi and Myers in the frame, may be even Wes, to go with Campbell and Bennett, I don't see much of a future for Ervine and Williams in ODIs or T20s and Zimbabwe barely play tests anyways.

Burl's spot too, now will be under genuine threat.

I've seen Evans is bowling now, hopefully he takes Faraz Akram's place in the side right away, I'll be very pissed off if he doesn't.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:09 am
Pretty much the case with ZC, zero preps and even if they are playing, they play the wrong format.

I don't see things as very gloomy though. A new coaching staff and a conscious effort to blood in some good youngsters, so in a way they are making some moves. Only time will tell if these are the right ones.

With Naqvi and Myers in the frame, may be even Wes, to go with Campbell and Bennett, I don't see much of a future for Ervine and Williams in ODIs or T20s and Zimbabwe barely play tests anyways.

Burl's spot too, now will be under genuine threat.

I've seen Evans is bowling now, hopefully he takes Faraz Akram's place in the side right away, I'll be very pissed off if he doesn't.
Evans doesn't look fully fit from what I have seen. Perhaps the India series is a bit too soon. Not convinced that Richie will be fit for the series either.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

https://www.herald.co.zw/naqvi-boost-for-chevrons/

Makoni confirms that Navqi will be selected if the passport comes through. Shows what can be done if you have CASH!

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

zimfan1 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:33 am
https://www.herald.co.zw/naqvi-boost-for-chevrons/

Makoni confirms that Navqi will be selected if the passport comes through. Shows what can be done if you have CASH!
Agreed it's unfair, but in Naqvi's case it is not just cash. He has also scored loads of runs and taken wickets... So on cricketing merit he deserves a place, on eligibility basis, perhaps not.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

“His move has been viewed as a strategic investment in the country’s cricket future, with the player potentially inspiring younger generations and contributing to the development of the sport.”

Ya…..there’s nothing like a Belgian-born Australian Pakistani with deep pockets whos bought a passport to inspire kids from the Zimbabwean ghetto!

totoro
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by totoro »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:43 am
“His move has been viewed as a strategic investment in the country’s cricket future, with the player potentially inspiring younger generations and contributing to the development of the sport.”

Ya…..there’s nothing like a Belgian-born Australian Pakistani with deep pockets whos bought a passport to inspire kids from the Zimbabwean ghetto!
Found it funny reading this too! :lol:

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:

Gold
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:

:lol: :lol:
It's inspiring for border jumpers in every direction .
Let's see how Knackers goes in the National Anthem.
First guy in cricket to be handed his cap and his passport simultaneously.